Quitting in middle of WZ and consequences

Bolo_Yeung

If I don't want to participate in (insert warzone name here) because I think it's garbage, I'll leave.

I never said anyone here don't have the right, I said you deserve a deserter buff or something in a form of punishment due to the behavioral problems that exist in the game.

I think alot of these self proclaimed gamers are spoiled with the current system of allowing people to quit on the drop of a fly.

And the repercussion of that is,

*Lots of backfill games wasting the time of players games that deserve a fresh game.

*Games are now determined on how many people quit or actually try to stick it out when the going gets tough.

*And also the cycle continues, molding lazy ways to players allowing players to dictate games by quitters.

Again, I see all the points of all you guys, I play a good devil's advocate, but in the end a quitters need some form of punishment in the game.

If you've never served, I suggest not using that as an example. Take it from someone who has honorably.

You think the military wants quitters?

I understand some tap out and hit the bell early, or get disbarred for whatever reason, but war is war and it needs soldiers that can stick it through.

I know for some people it's hard to understand tolerances, pride, and dignity.

Some are born with it, others learn it from someone else like a staff sergeant.

I learned mine from sports and my old coaches in college, I never quit when my team needed me.

I never will quit in anything I do, and take pride in it.

I think others need to take pride and stop making excuses in these games.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think the military wants quitters?

I understand some tap out and hit the bell early, or get disbarred for whatever reason, but war is war and it needs soldiers that can stick it through.

Thank you for proving you're a troll. And that you don't understand that there's more than one branch..

Thank you for proving you're a troll.

And this means you have nothing solid to this discussion and can't say anything valid or just.

My truth is undisputed, it can't be beat.

It takes pride and dignity to understand.

Still waiting for someone that can least discuss my points without making excuses why quitters should be allowed to dictate PvP in this game.

Edited by Caeliux

And this means you have nothing solid to this discussion and can't say anything valid or just.

My truth is undisputed, it can't be beat.

It takes pride and dignity to understand.

Still waiting for someone that can least discuss my points without making excuses why quitters should be allowed to dictate PvP in this game.

Edited by Pistols-GS

You got anything Pistols, I find your lack of excuses laughable and trollful.

So far all you got is links and your comedy is off-topic.

So I am reporting you and hope you get banned again.

Good day sir.

You should read up on the word irony, might put things in perspective for you today.

You should read up on the word irony, might put things in perspective for you today.

Still waiting for you to be on topic.

Here is some irony for ya, just was in a game and 5 people left.

General chat is on fire about it, most of the people are making excuses like this thread why they should be able to quit.

Excuses like bads will be bads, and hulk hogan is dead.

Ironic isn't it, sounds like things you post.

I get +1 for using your word, but adding more to it.

It's my money and my time. If I am losing a game and we have no chance of winning I will leave, re-queue and get a better team.

Ty for being honest.

I think you deserve a deserter buff leaving games since its your money and time wasting other people's money and time with games where quitters leave.

Ty for being honest.

I think you deserve a deserter buff leaving games since its your money and time wasting other people's money and time with games where quitters leave.

Then I want people that don't have appropriate stats to be barred from a queue.

The bottom line is no one should be punished for playing the game how they want. If I were to get a deserter buff for leaving a game where we can't win then I wouldn't be contributing anyways, I would just afk.

Edited by JustinxDuff

Then I want people that don't have appropriate stats to be barred from a queue.

But they pay the same amount to play the same game we play, and you have to be more sportsmanlike about it instead of making excuses and giving up in games.

There is no excuse for a quitter unless its a 911, disconnect, or some form of real life issue like kids, work, ect.

(even then a deserter buff needs to happen, tough cookie)

But to leave because you don't like how someone is geared is being a elitist, and quitting a game over it makes you look bad and now provides that game to be a losed cause, not to mention provided backfill for others to deal with.

Here is the quitter cycle,

Person enters game > player quits for whatever reason > backfill players get the spot and either leaves or stays (which 90% of the time backfill leaves) > game becomes too hard for others to deal with and people gives up and sits on node> game is losed due to quitters and the game now was dictated by quitters.

Only people happy about the quitter is the quitter, everyone else suffers.

The game suffers, the people suffer, the backfill suffers.

Edited by Caeliux

So we have to be sportsmanlike and stay in a guaranteed loss, but the person queing up for wzs with lvl 39 greens has no responsibility at all except to hit the que button? I will stay in a game with full recruit geared players because we have all been there. Anything beyond 2 pve armorings and you are now a liability to the team and I will leave, or at the very best i will try a couple times to get them to leave and then leave.

So we have to be sportsmanlike and stay in a guaranteed loss, but the person queing up for wzs with lvl 39 greens has no responsibility at all except to hit the que button? I will stay in a game with full recruit geared players because we have all been there. Anything beyond 2 pve armorings and you are now a liability to the team and I will leave, or at the very best i will try a couple times to get them to leave and then leave.

For starters, hello old friend. :)

Hope everything is good with you and Fight, wish you guys the very best.

Secondly I don't remember (least when I was in <Fight>) us quitting when lets say when <Seal Team Sith> was in same warzone.

We played the best we could and didn't quit., maybe some people did in the guild and did it often, but I don't recall anyone in those premades quitting or giving up when I was there.

Problem Imprimis why it beacons the core of my personal existence is the excuses to leaves warzones winnable.

The quitter that leaves from start is for sure more tolerable than the quitter that leaves when a game still can be won.

This is no pun intended old friend, its the way I am built. ;)

I don't need, and shouldn't need, an excuse.

So another words your making excuses that you don't need a excuse.

Got it.

Edited by Caeliux

Served 4 years in the Marine Corps, what exactly did you do with your life besides complain on a forum?

I salute you and want to thank you for your service, I mean it from the bottom of my soul.

Second, this isn't a complaint, I blog to show people the other side of the coin to the epidemic I like to call quitters in warzones in SWTOR.

There is those that goes by my standards and agree's what I say, and of course there is those that will fight tooth and nail to make me look bad for caring about this topic.

I don't think people are bad people for quitting, I just think they need a deserter buff.

That is all. ;)

Edited by Caeliux

Your relation of this game to the military is false. I didn't pay to be in the military, I got paid and followed the rules they set forth. This game doesn't have rules about leaving (and in case you didn't see, there's actually a button to expedite the process.) Until they pay me not to, I'm not going to sit in a match with people who don't play the match properly.

I rather people stay in a match trying to farm medals than quit when work needs done to win.

A extra body always helps, not 1-2 missing from quitting.

If they are farming stabilizers by node sitting, and not actually guarding it, or if they hide off somewhere then they are not helping the team. They are not working towards the goal of the WZ, which is to win, they are there for their own selfish reason to the detriment of the team.

They are, in fact, taking up spots that could have gone to players that might have contributed and they are no better than the quitters you profess to hate.

So, once again, if you want a quitter debuff then I want one for individuals such as this.

If they are farming stabilizers by node sitting, and not actually guarding it, or if they hide off somewhere then they are not helping the team. They are not working towards the goal of the WZ, which is to win, they are there for their own selfish reason to the detriment of the team.

They are, in fact, taking up spots that could have gone to players that might have contributed and they are no better than the quitters you profess to hate.

But, its up to you and the other people to pick up the slack lets say if a person ruined the game for ya.

The quitters mentality rolls the dice every time they leave, in the meanwhile the game they just left gets ruined over it.

Until they pay me not to, I'm not going to sit in a match with people who don't play the match properly.

Ok you can leave, but you deserve punishment for leaving others to clean the mess up you left in that warzone.

I am not saying anything about your chooses, all I am saying is quitters deserve some form of punishment for leaving a mess for others to deal with.

If the bads get punished as well, I have no problem with it. EA, what say you?

Now you just used a elitist word, meaning that is your excuse for your action to quit.

In the same token the people you call bads might be more sportsmanlike than those that quit over the reasons you ask.

A "bad" in my opinion is someone that spews in general chat, in Ops chat screaming at people calling them bads, telling people they suck, when in fact 90% of the time that game still can be won.

Not to mention the whole time that person is typing their frustration, they just wasted everyone's time with it.

Then this rage artist quits the warzone.

People start leaving in a chain affect, all sudden a game winnable goes haywire due to quitters and people that use words like "bads".

Edited by Caeliux

But, its up to you and the other people to pick up the slack

So if someone goes AFK, let's not roll out a MAJOR RAGE THREAD, but tell the other peeps to pick up the slack?

I haven't lol'd this hard on the forums in forever.

Edited by Pistols-GS

Now you just used a elitist word, meaning that is your excuse for your action to quit.

that quit over the reasons you ask.

Coming from the guy that posts images calling people douchebags, I'm really not worried about your opinion of me.