The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tank Augs

chriscshunter

You want to be careful about building def past 20%, A big part of our threat is based on shield chance and if you dodge/parry your rocket punch won't refresh.

As far as what to stack past the goals, keep stacking Shield/Absorb End is only good for extremely hard hitting mechanics which there is only one boss that hits hard enough to actually think about stacking End.

You want to be careful about building def past 20%, A big part of our threat is based on shield chance and if you dodge/parry your rocket punch won't refresh.

As far as what to stack past the goals, keep stacking Shield/Absorb End is only good for extremely hard hitting mechanics which there is only one boss that hits hard enough to actually think about stacking End.

This is not really an issue, but Dr starts to hit us hard around 20%ish, so its a good rule of thumb.

Never stop stacking shield and absorb as ptech tank.

So I'm at:

23k HP

20.01% Defence

50.06% Shield

50.02% Absorb

I got 4 aug slots open still. Where do I go from here?

The goal is more like 20/60/60, and at this point you don't want to have that much defence. When people refer to 20% defence chance, they are talking about best in slot gear. To help you balance out your stat weights, use this spreadsheet here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=548796

You want to be on the look out for Weighted / Deflecting mods and Bulwark / Bastion enhancements (the unlettered varieties at this stage, like "26" and not "26B"). Try to pick up most of your defence rating in your mod slots (using deflecting mods), and use your augment slots to balance out your shield and absorb.

In 25's and 26's it may be worth looking at an absorb proc relic, but if your pushing through to mostly high mitigation 26's and 27's, try to pick up two elite war hero shield relics and then devote most of your augments to absorb rating.

Its also accepted practice to include an exo stim when you're working on your stat weights, so keep that in mind. And don't worry about your health pool, as you gear up it will take care of itself.

Edited by Marb