Commando's don't suck you suck at them. (PvP)

shadowopsx

Id like to see dmg taken....cause the other team is the reason for that # 0 deaths....

Considering I was on the other team, I can safely say I hardly bothered to focus a DPS. And with that being said, you can see what the other "DPS" were doing...

Edited by Milly_

• 1 year later...
I have to say Commandos do not suck. They and the Vanguards are some of the toughest to face much like Powertechs and Mercenaries. I finally faced Krackcommando with my Sorcerer tonight in PvP. He held off two of us in Voidstar, killing the Operative and I barely came out of that one. We did this twice, the second time the clock ran out on phase one. We lost that match. lol. Krack is a very skilled player; my hat is off to him. I hope to pick his brain sometime to help me level my own commando sitting on Coruscant.

Commandos dont suck if they are left alone and are able to just shoot everything.

Get a melee or 2 on you, burn your RS and CC mby your CG and MAYBE you will get away alive. Most of the time your toast. Yeah commandos are good but Melee will throw you a beat down fast if your not careful.

Im getting frustrated with the commando. Gunny is a hard hitting spec but I never seem to be able to take someone down one on one. Ie focused fire on one enemy and only seem to take them to 1/2 max. Have 2 sets of gear one Power and one Crit based.. neither seem to do the job.

Assault is quite different, yeah you can dot the heck out of the other team but again.. cant seem to finish them off.

Other commandos will blame the player, but I think the Commando has some serious flaws Bio worked into the class. Heavy armor does not seem to do squat when your getting waked like heck from a Melee.

Maybe Commandos are just meant to be the healers ... who knows. Sage / Sorc seem to put out way more DPS.

go figure.

Commandos dont suck if they are left alone and are able to just shoot everything.

Get a melee or 2 on you, burn your RS and CC mby your CG and MAYBE you will get away alive. Most of the time your toast. Yeah commandos are good but Melee will throw you a beat down fast if your not careful.

Im getting frustrated with the commando. Gunny is a hard hitting spec but I never seem to be able to take someone down one on one. Ie focused fire on one enemy and only seem to take them to 1/2 max. Have 2 sets of gear one Power and one Crit based.. neither seem to do the job.

Assault is quite different, yeah you can dot the heck out of the other team but again.. cant seem to finish them off.

Other commandos will blame the player, but I think the Commando has some serious flaws Bio worked into the class. Heavy armor does not seem to do squat when your getting waked like heck from a Melee.

Maybe Commandos are just meant to be the healers ... who knows. Sage / Sorc seem to put out way more DPS.

go figure.

That necro

Holy ***** this thread is so old.

Was certainly nice to see your mando on my team in yolos several matches last night :D

The two classes that pubs lack are GOOD mandos and GOOD sents. Not fotm specs but devestaing if played well. Boy do I miss Breakdowns and Krack... Nothing like tossing a guard on those guys and watching them wreck face.

Was certainly nice to see your mando on my team in yolos several matches last night :D

The two classes that pubs lack are GOOD mandos and GOOD sents. Not fotm specs but devestaing if played well. Boy do I miss Breakdowns and Krack... Nothing like tossing a guard on those guys and watching them wreck face.

My brah~teh shade staaaaaar

There are good ones still around. When you say lacking do u mean u don't know any of them to add to Ur friends list?-primos

There are good ones still around. When you say lacking do u mean u don't know any of them to add to Ur friends list?-primos

When I say lacking, I don't mean that there are none, just not as many compared to impside. Which has many good marauders and many good mercs. Not saying that the ones who do play that I haven't specifically mentioned or missed are bad on pub side, it's just something I have noticed in general.

I.e. I believe that imps have a higher percentage of good mercs and Marauders in their player base than pubs do. That doesn't mean that there aren't good ones pubside, there are and I know most of them.

Both of those classes have a high skill cap to play well and are devestating if done so. Pubside would be benefited greately with more:

A) players of these classes playing well.

B) support being given these classes when they need it (applies to all classes but these two need more) so they can wreck face.

And

C) oh fuggit, you might as well throw healers in general into all the above. WE NEED MORE HEALERS! pst me if I'm in game I promise to tank and peel for you healers!:D come to pub side healers we love you!:D:D:D:sy_republic::sy_republic::sy_republic:

/endminirant

When I say lacking, I don't mean that there are none, just not as many compared to impside. Which has many good marauders and many good mercs. Not saying that the ones who do play that I haven't specifically mentioned or missed are bad on pub side, it's just something I have noticed in general.

I.e. I believe that imps have a higher percentage of good mercs and Marauders in their player base than pubs do. That doesn't mean that there aren't good ones pubside, there are and I know most of them.

Both of those classes have a high skill cap to play well and are devestating if done so. Pubside would be benefited greately with more:

A) players of these classes playing well.

B) support being given these classes when they need it (applies to all classes but these two need more) so they can wreck face.

And

C) oh fuggit, you might as well throw healers in general into all the above. WE NEED MORE HEALERS! pst me if I'm in game I promise to tank and peel for you healers!:D come to pub side healers we love you!:D:D:D:sy_republic::sy_republic::sy_republic:

/endminirant

Tsk Tsk wait until Hayward sees this....

Tsk Tsk wait until Hayward sees this....

See, that's what I mean. Hayward is awesome but I only see him in a war zone maybe like once a month :rak_02:

Again, I'm not saying there aren't good, really good, sents pubside. when I see them I'm thankful and work with them. would just like to see the average pug sents putting up more than 100k-200k per wz and know their class...

Like... Can a brotha get a trans when he has the ball or when we need to rotate to another node or at the start of a match? You would (or wouldn't) be suprised how many failsents don't do this in pugs.

All I'm saying in the end is pubs NEED to step it up and start bringin' blood'n'drama, peel for healers and others that need support.

The great maras: Ripper, prettiboi, jerryspringher, decimate, kid'icarus, odyssius, notaro and others... melt without support.

Aspiring sents need to:

A) Study your trees, abilities and DCDs and beat on a dummy in between wz.

B) min/max power/surge unless watchman, throw some crit in there.

C) get a Naga and Nostromo or at the very least keybind/mouse-turn

D) Be persistent. Its a tough class to play well

Veteran sents that turned Mara:

Come back to pubside. I promise you as long as I'm in wz, you will be peeled for weather I'm dps or tanking. You will not be shut down and left out to dry.

You see in this age of the galaxy I will be the one who brings balance to the force (or the one who makes a fool of himself on the JC forum):eek:

See, that's what I mean. Hayward is awesome but I only see him in a war zone maybe like once a month :rak_02:

Again, I'm not saying there aren't good, really good, sents pubside. when I see them I'm thankful and work with them. would just like to see the average pug sents putting up more than 100k-200k per wz and know their class...

Like... Can a brotha get a trans when he has the ball or when we need to rotate to another node or at the start of a match? You would (or wouldn't) be suprised how many failsents don't do this in pugs.

All I'm saying in the end is pubs NEED to step it up and start bringin' blood'n'drama, peel for healers and others that need support.

The great maras: Ripper, prettiboi, jerryspringher, decimate, kid'icarus, odyssius, notaro and others... melt without support.

Aspiring sents need to:

Come back to pubside. I promise you as long as I'm in wz, you will be peeled for weather I'm dps or tanking. You will not be shut down and left out to dry.

You see in this age of the galaxy I will be the one who brings balance to the force (or the one who makes a fool of himself on the JC forum):eek:

You forgot one key thing.

Awareness

Aspiring sents need to:

You willing to peel for me on my vanguard or sents is the only thing that gets you up?

You forgot one key thing.

Awareness

Look at Going being all wise and stuff.

One thing that really seperates a good mara (strickly speaking about carnage) from a mediocre one is knowing your enemies DCD's and timing your gore-ravage accordingly. Did he use his stun/evasion/knockback/breaker/etc...? All too many times (particularly when I was on Knives healing) I'd be lept to and right off the bat: gore-ravaged. It's very rare, as an operative, that you don't have a way out of it (evasion, hardstun, flashbang, camo). The other thing I see very often is the 'Force Camo-Berserk-gore-ravage'. :rolleyes: You just blew a defensive CD for a kill, but you didnt take into account that I still had a CD to nullify it.

From my experience, JC just doesn't have the "hardcore" mentality. Shadestarr, I applaud your zeal, but accept that most players are there to just have fun without putting in th effort to be good.

Guys, relax. This forum post was to prove commando's can put up good numbers, nothing more. I just wanted to prove it being-so I've heard a good number of people trash commando's dps numbers.

You're not an average player tho Fus. You are a founding member of the pain train!! Even though we have a very colorful past, I have always admired your play style....lol ya I know grab a Kleenex. Kudos on a job well done

Look at Going being all wise and stuff.

One thing that really seperates a good mara (strickly speaking about carnage) from a mediocre one is knowing your enemies DCD's and timing your gore-ravage accordingly. Did he use his stun/evasion/knockback/breaker/etc...? All too many times (particularly when I was on Knives healing) I'd be lept to and right off the bat: gore-ravaged. It's very rare, as an operative, that you don't have a way out of it (evasion, hardstun, flashbang, camo). The other thing I see very often is the 'Force Camo-Berserk-gore-ravage'. :rolleyes: You just blew a defensive CD for a kill, but you didnt take into account that I still had a CD to nullify it.

From my experience, JC just doesn't have the "hardcore" mentality. Shadestarr, I applaud your zeal, but accept that most players are there to just have fun without putting in th effort to be good.

Gayyy

You're not an average player tho Fus. You are a founding member of the pain train!! Even though we have a very colorful past, I have always admired your play style....lol ya I know grab a Kleenex. Kudos on a job well done

Thanks roxxay, I've given you alot of **** in the past and you saying that shows me that you moved on from alllll my insults and tunneling which is quite frankly astonishing that you could move on. Anyways there isn't really a reason for this but, I want to openly apologize to you (which doesn't make everything ok). I wish you luck on whatever server you're currently on and in life :rak_wink:

Edited by shadowopsx