Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

2.0 PVE Shadow tank builds.

hillbilly

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrapping up what was said in this thread is that a 39/3/4 build is probably the best for tanking in raids.

There have been a few comments though about tanking in HMs where you would want a little bit more utility by giving up a little bit survivability (that should not be needed in a FP anyway).

As I am not tanking OPs with my Assassin and only do FPs I would be interested to hear some more opinions on that aspect.

The only utility I would want to have would be Avoidance (Celerity) and the only thing I could give up for it would be Conspirator's Cloak (Shadow Wrap) which seems a bad tradeoff. Any opinions on this?

The only utility I would want to have would be Avoidance (Celerity) and the only thing I could give up for it would be Conspirator's Cloak (Shadow Wrap) which seems a bad tradeoff. Any opinions on this?

I would cough up Mental Fortitude. It's a tiny amount of HP (800 when you're packing ~35k) for 3 talent points. You'd be better served by taking Expertise or Force Synergy for the extra damage and threat. Celerity would be a better option for non-Ops and is still a decent option for Ops.

so the 39/3/4 build is the way to go. can any one post a link into where to put points exactly? thanks

The spec is better described as 36/3/4+3. The last 3 points are "free" because they'll have so little effect as to not really matter. You can put them in Mental Force or Expertise (39/3/4), Celerity with 1 point free (39/5/4+1, likely spent on one of the other talents mentioned here), or Force Synergy (36/3/7).

Expertise and Force Synergy will provide a virtually identical increase to damage/threat (~20 DPS, iirc), Mental Fortitude adds a whopping 800 hp, and Celerity provide some general utility. Probably the only one that's really useful is Celerity, but that's only useful in specific circumstances. Most fights, it won't contribute anything at all.

Personally, I go with Force Synergy.

I sit comfortable with 36/8/2 On my Sin (with Shadow following in suit ), I just need to manage some mods to get close to the optimal levels for Def, Shield, Abs.

Points could arguably be tossed around but I do admit I have fallen in love with being able to maul face to face for days. The 36/4/4+3 is the better alternative, mine is a little unorthodox. As a matter of fact I'm probably going to do the 36/4/4+3 for my Shadow.

Edited by tXHereticXt

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.