The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Classy, feminine formalwear

elliotcat

I love SWTOR, I love being part of the thriving RP community on my server. I have a blast with this game. I just have one gripe and it drives me insane: clothes for women are really...lacking.

I've got no problem with the dancer's outfits; they're fun and sexy. But if you RP and your character isn't a dancer, or you just want a different look, what else is she supposed to wear? When it comes to robes and armor, either it's a plain sports bra and a skirt or an utterly sexless set of wrappings that hide any sort of femininity.

I'm a girl IRL, and I'm not a girly girl at all. But I still spent the entirety of the prequel films drooling over the gorgeous dresses all the ladies wore. I want that sort of option for my characters - something that makes them look like women, but y'know...not the revealing dancer outfit.

I love SWTOR, I love being part of the thriving RP community on my server. I have a blast with this game. I just have one gripe and it drives me insane: clothes for women are really...lacking.

I've got no problem with the dancer's outfits; they're fun and sexy. But if you RP and your character isn't a dancer, or you just want a different look, what else is she supposed to wear? When it comes to robes and armor, either it's a plain sports bra and a skirt or an utterly sexless set of wrappings that hide any sort of femininity.

I'm a girl IRL, and I'm not a girly girl at all. But I still spent the entirety of the prequel films drooling over the gorgeous dresses all the ladies wore. I want that sort of option for my characters - something that makes them look like women, but y'know...not the revealing dancer outfit.

Great poiint! My wife will be on your side on this.... Incase you do not know, there is some social gear that looks good for female, but there is not much choice. I would enjoy this as well for my female companions.... something, as you say, womanly, not trashy or skimpy... Its bad enough they ruined the investigators robe set for females by showing the belly.... for what reason, I have no idea.

Great poiint! My wife will be on your side on this.... Incase you do not know, there is some social gear that looks good for female, but there is not much choice. I would enjoy this as well for my female companions.... something, as you say, womanly, not trashy or skimpy... Its bad enough they ruined the investigators robe set for females by showing the belly.... for what reason, I have no idea.

I've noticed that some of the Jedi Knight & Sentinel tops also so the belly on female characters. I'd also like to see an adaptable version of the Sentinel Vest we get while still on Tython/early part of Coruscant for one of my characters - as the Aspiring Knight's Vest is more of a tan & gray color combo, and another one comes out being orange instead of the blue & dark gray.

Just got to wait I guess.

Yes Yes Yes THIS.

I would love to see some simple dresses, tops, pants...just plain old casual wear. It doesn't even need to be moddable in my opinion (Though that would be nice, considering there are so many people running around in quesionable clothing...)

Why does everthing need to be fancy, intricate or risque? I just want my toons to look normal. Because I doubt my toons would wear their armor to get their mail, or run errands on fleet...or even just to sit at the cantina. At least not all the time. :)

There are existing examples of female formal gowns in the game. These mostly seem to be recolors of the female white Formal Wear level 1 social gear. They're very pretty though and I'd love to see these on the CM or in CPs. Something other than white! I see a lot of people approximating this look with the Formal Wear skirt + the ruffled bikini top, but it doesn't work for everyone due to the bare midriff and cleavage.

http://i.imgur.com/74AlqnF.jpg

Here's a red version worn by Senator Voralla. She appears in the Trooper storyline on Coruscant, I believe during a cutscene in Chapter 1. Notice how lovely the sleeves are, with decorated wrist cuffs and a poof on the elbow. Maybe this is a higher status version for a Senator.

http://i.imgur.com/4e4ghEm.jpg

Here's a green version worn by Mistress Amaran on the imp fleet in the PVP section. The same gown is worn by Alauni on the Jedi Consular ship during Chapter 2/3. It's also worn by Gandra the Social Items Vendor in the Nar Shaddaa cantina off the Lower Promenade. This dress lacks the wrist cuffs and elbow poofs, but note how pretty her green gloves look with the rest of the gown. She's also wearing matching shoes... tres chic.

• 1 month later...
There are existing examples of female formal gowns in the game. These mostly seem to be recolors of the female white Formal Wear level 1 social gear. They're very pretty though and I'd love to see these on the CM or in CPs. Something other than white! I see a lot of people approximating this look with the Formal Wear skirt + the ruffled bikini top, but it doesn't work for everyone due to the bare midriff and cleavage.

http://i.imgur.com/74AlqnF.jpg

Here's a red version worn by Senator Voralla. She appears in the Trooper storyline on Coruscant, I believe during a cutscene in Chapter 1. Notice how lovely the sleeves are, with decorated wrist cuffs and a poof on the elbow. Maybe this is a higher status version for a Senator.

http://i.imgur.com/4e4ghEm.jpg

Here's a green version worn by Mistress Amaran on the imp fleet in the PVP section. The same gown is worn by Alauni on the Jedi Consular ship during Chapter 2/3. It's also worn by Gandra the Social Items Vendor in the Nar Shaddaa cantina off the Lower Promenade. This dress lacks the wrist cuffs and elbow poofs, but note how pretty her green gloves look with the rest of the gown. She's also wearing matching shoes... tres chic.

There's also a nice blue version worn by Agent Norls Yorksin on Coruscant.