I Thought This Was Fully Voiced?

Shadysketchy

Things that are not voiced:

— Aliens

— Dropbox Quests

— "Bonus Quests"

This is getting painful, I'm on Voss right now and some Alien nonsense is spewing out of this guy, I've got two (not one, but TWO) fully text-based Dropbox quests in my log, and I just finished a completely unvoiced, AND un-texted Bonus Quest (At least in WoW, the Quest Text is there, if you feel compelled to read it... bonus quests are just arbitrary killing)

I'm dissapointed, BioWare... didn't have any of these problems in Mass Effect

people always find the stupidest reasons to cry over something. grow up. dont play if you are that dissapointed

My game is set to English; I shouldn't be hearing any other language

This has got to be the most ridiculous comment I have seen in a while, and given these and other game forums of late, that is quite an accomplishment.

First, I believe the promise of voice overs was for voice overs, not that everyone would speak the same language. Since the aliens are speaking audibly, they are voiced over regardless of the language they are speaking. As someone else stated, mission boxes are not sentient beings; therefore, they have no voice and having to read them does not break the promise. Either way, the promise was never that they would do everything in the same language or that there would be no need to read. They promised it would be fully voiced, and it is.

Second, the humans are speaking English (or, more correctly, Basic). The aliens are speaking their language, and it is being translated as subtitles for you into English. This is due to the fact that ... wait for it ... your game is set to English. Again, either way, the game was not promised to be all in English (or all in one language for our non-English speaking friends). It was promised to be voiced over, and the aliens are speaking. Are you beginning to see a problem with your logic yet?

The bottom line is that they are following the format of every Star Wars movie where most people spoke in Basic and certain alien species (e.g., Wookies, Rodians, etc., even squeeks and whistles from R2) spoke in their own language, but everyone knew what they were saying. That is what they are doing here, and it maintains the Star Wars feel of the game. Given that this is a Star Wars game, that is exactly what they should do.

Edited by Sotaudi