The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Weekly Passes Not Viable for F2P £21!!!

AdamChattaway

My friend plays F2P because he does not have much money spare for games, but when he found out you have to buy weekly passes just to do pvp, raids, pve he was very disappointed and so was i.

We calculated that 4 weekly passes for a month costs £21, thats outrageous, how do you expect f2p players to pay £21 or sub? its literally forcing you to sub or not play. and before you say it i know you can but then on AH with credits, but i only even seen 1 pvp pass so far and it sold and no more so...

Why not allow people to do unlimited pvp, raids, space but half their rewards? why completely limit or block their experience in such a way it forces them to SUB or QUIT?

I would even prefer it if you sold unlimited access to each one for e.g. 1000 cartel points per char if you must for unlimited access to each type of content endgame, but charging £21 for passes is ridiculous, even if you ONLY PVP that's 240x4 a month that's basically the price of a sub so... this just shows how money greedy EA really is.

This has to be some kind of joke. If they did what you are suggesting why would ANYONE ever pay for a sub? F2P was implemented as more of a trial of the game. If you like it, you can pay for it.

F2P people are so entitled, it's a bit sickening. I know for a fact if they allowed F2P people to do everything a sub could do, I'd never pay again. Increased rewards? Yeah, screw that.

There's tons of "true" f2p games out there, if you don't like Bioware/EA's business model, you should seek playing another game.

This has to be some kind of joke. If they did what you are suggesting why would ANYONE ever pay for a sub? F2P was implemented as more of a trial of the game. If you like it, you can pay for it.

F2P people are so entitled, it's a bit sickening. I know for a fact if they allowed F2P people to do everything a sub could do, I'd never pay again. Increased rewards? Yeah, screw that.

There's tons of "true" f2p games out there, if you don't like Bioware/EA's business model, you should seek playing another game.

The same reason people play LOTRO f2p and buy content, i play lotro F2P, ive invested £90 and bought every drop of content for the game, now i can play as if i was a lifetime sub free forever only paying for new content, this is why. people sometimes would rather pay a one of payment to gain forever access to to content, so they can play when they want even its its only 3 hours a week.

Are you so ignorant you think you should be super entitled as a sub? and f2p should have no other way than to sub to do content? you are so against people buying flashpoint access for £10-20 for a long term investment? or fp packs, EA would still make money when they make new content and these people but the new content, so what the hell is you're problem? you want to feel like a god with a 50 inch e-peen because you sub and play 18 hours a day?

Please go download LORD OF THE RINGS ONLINE, then tell me when you come back here why it is 1000x better than SWTOR f2p... you know swtor has the worst F2P model of any game currently running, id rather pay for each planet 1 by 1 like lotro $5 for tatooine $5 for alderaan, then FORCING SUB for endgame...

NOW READ: Think about it please, a person lv 1-49 pay for tons of account upgrades right... then realizes he has to basically sub endgame... you know what this means? all the money he spend unlocking char slots, account unlocks, upgrades is now WORTHLESS because he now has to sub and gets it all anyway, how is that a good f2p model, you guys are such fanboys its unreal. righteous defenders of EA, you on their payroll?

Edited by AdamChattaway

You referring to me? Im no fanboy, but you need to stop and look at the options, instead of moaning.

Warzone pass on GTN 350k, thats 1 day of dailies... go play the game already...

So you rather people buy em for free than pay $5 to unlock it? the whole argument here back and forth is rather pointless, people dont want people to buy X because they say subbing is pointless but then dont question but credit buy of them for free?

Buy he dont have a lv 50 and cant hold that many creds unless i held them for him.

Edited by AdamChattaway