Jedi Sentinel - PvE Stat question

greatlabguy

Granted, as of 2.0 the current gearing will be worthless. I am still in a progression ops group and have a question about strength,. I currently sit at 2101 buffed (with stim) strength, but have been told to cut the strength down and add power. What are your thoughts? I'm in all 61's and 63's.

Any help would be appreciative as I'm a watchman sentinel. Thanks!

This is a hot debate and will be even in 2.0 IMHO. Personally I go Strength, Strength and more Strength. I experimented a little with power and while my burst went up, my crits went down. And seems how you can get health from burn crits I went back to Strength and never looked back. If I ever went Combat I would balance out more with Power but not as a Watchman.

Well, with the weights of stat ratings changing in 2.0...it's actually going to make MORE sense to stack strength than it does now. You're going to require so much crit and surge rating and accuracy to hit the %s you're at right now in 61/63 gear...that it's going to neuter your crit % into the ground and make your build gutted.

Well, with the weights of stat ratings changing in 2.0...it's actually going to make MORE sense to stack strength than it does now. You're going to require so much crit and surge rating and accuracy to hit the %s you're at right now in 61/63 gear...that it's going to neuter your crit % into the ground and make your build gutted.

That's true. I think I might look at whether or not I should go with a Crit Aug or a Str Aug in 2.0. But that will be for another time.

I'm having similar concerns and questions. I'm in all 61's and 63's. Every piece of gear I have equiped has strength on it. I'm sitting around 2100 strength fully buffed. My mainhand max damage is reaching 1225, bonus damage is at 720, accuracy is at 94%, crit chance is at 25% and crit multiplier is at 79.2%.

All sounds pretty good. Yet I'm not outputting nearly enough DPS in ops and I'm wondering what I can do.

Watchman spec, full rotation cycle with merciless and burn is good.

So I guess the question is, what should be focused on after strength? Strength and power? Strength and Crit Rating?

How are people hitting ungodly dps ratings around 1,900+ and I'm barely cracking 1,300?

Edited by DocTwister

How are people hitting ungodly dps ratings around 1,900+ and I'm barely cracking 1,300?

If we're talking about these numbers, you can forget about gear straight away. No amount of tweaking is going to jump you up 600 DPS.

How are you measuring your DPS? Dummy? Boss fight (which)? What parser are you using?

Edit: that being said, your Accuracy needs to be 100%.

Edited by Aurojiin

I'm having similar concerns and questions. I'm in all 61's and 63's. Every piece of gear I have equiped has strength on it. I'm sitting around 2100 strength fully buffed. My mainhand max damage is reaching 1225, bonus damage is at 720, accuracy is at 94%, crit chance is at 25% and crit multiplier is at 79.2%.

All sounds pretty good. Yet I'm not outputting nearly enough DPS in ops and I'm wondering what I can do.

Watchman spec, full rotation cycle with merciless and burn is good.

So I guess the question is, what should be focused on after strength? Strength and power? Strength and Crit Rating?

For the OP, use STR to help get to 30% crit chance, then stack power.

For Doc, I put specifics in the separate thread you made, but essentially your ACC is too low and your crit multiplier is too high. Aim for 98% ACC, 30% crit, 75% surge, then stack power.

My gear. I think the only tweak I've done since that is switched out a bit of ACC for power. (alternating an implant and an enhancement, I believe).

My DPS on tank'n'spank

For 2.0, if the crit changes remain, you'll want to stack power over crit, leaving crit at around 20%. There's a lot of people complaining about it, though, so I don't know if the new equations will make it to live.

Edited by TheTbone

For 2.0, if the crit changes remain, you'll want to stack power over crit, leaving crit at around 20%. There's a lot of people complaining about it, though, so I don't know if the new equations will make it to live.

They have already made some changes to the equation. The initial 2.0 drop had me at 19% Crit with all the new gear plus strength (Might 22) augs. Now I am up to 32%. Mind you I did a lot of min/maxing but I got it up there.

I can get to 30% with a lot of min/maxing too, but it leaves me power-starved, causing about a 200 DPS drop. I'm currently trying to find the sweet spot. At 24% crit (28% force crit) and 1100 power I'm getting 2660 DPS. That's the top I've gotten to at the moment. Edited by TheTbone