Proof that Gunnery is fully viable with a rifle

wishihadaname

After reading through the replies and looking at the stats, I don't agree that this is viable, but damn do I wish I didn't have to use that stupid assault cannon and instead just use a rifle.

Despite that, I'm going to try this as I level my commando as I didn't even think it was an option.

Well I lose 2 abilities ... and hail of bolts, which is expensive and doesn't do anything that you can't do with the new triple fired explosive rounds for cheaper and while moving.

What am I missing? New triple fired explosive round? Hit ER three times and that's 75 ammo.

Explosive Round:

Ammo = 25

Deals 1050 damage to a single target and 141-148 to up to 3 targets around you.

How the hell is that even come close to

HoB

Ammo = 33

Deals 2574-3150 damage to up to 5 targets.

What am I missing? New triple fired explosive round? Hit ER three times and that's 75 ammo.

Explosive Round:

Ammo = 25

Deals 1050 damage to a single target and 141-148 to up to 3 targets around you.

How the hell is that even come close to

HoB

Ammo = 33

Deals 2574-3150 damage to up to 5 targets.

have you been keeping up with the commando changes for 2.0?

his information is outdated (it's now double), but it doesn't take a huge leap to know he's talking about the new passive for explosive round.

has your commando been to a class trainer this week?

Edited by oaceen

I don't like the Autocannon either. But I love the class. It's why I have it at level 50 and plan to probably never level it past that.

I wanted a ranged healer that uses blasters. Sadly, this class isn't really in the game. (For Pubs) The Autocannon is technically a blaster. I just think hauling around that huge cannon and trying to heal or do anything is so ineffective and looks ridiculous.

Edited by spectreclees

To each his own.

When I watched this video (watch 2:00-2:15):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=109rdJhGUjM

I immediately wanted to make a Commando. And despite having 9 level 50s my Commando is still my favorite.

Fair enough. I like the way it looks in cinematics and for ideal situations. I just wish I had an option to use a rifle =P

It seems fair as Jedi can use swords and sabers and we can only use cannons, unless we are Medic spec.

Edited by spectreclees