Winter is...I mean 2.0 is coming. What should a fresh 50 do?

CharleyDanger

I am days away from hitting 50, and with all the 2.0 changes, I have no clue what to do. I could start grinding WH, but by the time I am full WH, a whole new PvP set will be out, and the comms I spent on the WH could of been spent on the 2.0 set. I could spend time grinding BH comms, but by the time I am full BH, 2.0 will be out, and BH will be dropping in HM FPs. In the mean time I will be doing those same HM FPs and getting Columi, and of course after 2.0 Columi will be removed from the game. I thought about grinding some cool Black-Purple and Black-Red PvP color crystals, but I am not sure if the +41 Expertise crystals will be obsolete after 2.0. I figure that at least I can max out my valor, but who knows if the new sets will even require valor. Any thoughts on what a fresh 50 could do to effectively get ready for 2.0? Should I just cap out my BH and WZ comms and wait?

Actually, take a look at the tionese / columi / rakata gear. If you like the *look* grind for that *now*. Those things are going away.

Pvp will still be pvp. Once they fix the bolster bug, that is.

The new outfits don't look bad, but they do look different. Get your tio / colu / rak gear first though, if you like the look. All set bonuses in the future are tied to armorings, so the shells are the things you'll want to snag pre 2.0.

I guess maxing your pvp comms isn't such a bad idea. The new pvp gear costs about the same, so if you have full normal and ranked comms you can already get a the full partisan gear. Though it's probably gonna be a bit annoying to grind the comms with recruit gear until makeb hits.. :D

Well, I personally stop doing my daily fp hm and stuff lik that, instead I'm just going to level some twinks. Of course I'm still gonna do ops with my main, I haven't done every one yet (only asa sm), so, yeah, gonna do these ops for fun but no more bh comm grinding for me. :) (But I'm almost full BH augmented anyways.)

I was wrong, they are replacing the current pvp gear. Stock up on comms...

I am a Bounty Hunter, so I am actually going to grind out WH and an EWH chest. The new Bounty Hunter gear looks absolutely atrocious, and I love the look of the EWH set. I will get the chest so I can match the rest of the gear to it.

I think I will do the same for PvE. Do HM FPs for the Columi, and get the Rakata chest from Lost Island.

I will also need to grind dailies so I have the credits to move all the mods lol.

Edited by CharleyDanger

Better gear will of course make leveling faster/easier as well once Makeb hits. BioWare has said current endgame gear remains relevant all the way to 54/55.

That Flashpoints/IOps dropping better loot might not mean much depending on how long after 2.0 drops that Makeb goes live, certainly better gear for yourself or companions now wouldn't hurt doing that content later.

PvP might be worth hording tokens for if you experience is too terrible in the recruit gear.

I am days away from hitting 50, and with all the 2.0 changes, I have no clue what to do. I could start grinding WH, but by the time I am full WH, a whole new PvP set will be out, and the comms I spent on the WH could of been spent on the 2.0 set. I could spend time grinding BH comms, but by the time I am full BH, 2.0 will be out, and BH will be dropping in HM FPs. In the mean time I will be doing those same HM FPs and getting Columi, and of course after 2.0 Columi will be removed from the game. I thought about grinding some cool Black-Purple and Black-Red PvP color crystals, but I am not sure if the +41 Expertise crystals will be obsolete after 2.0. I figure that at least I can max out my valor, but who knows if the new sets will even require valor. Any thoughts on what a fresh 50 could do to effectively get ready for 2.0? Should I just cap out my BH and WZ comms and wait?

I'm actually wondering the exact same thing. lvl 43 on one of my Smugglers now, and stocked up to 3250 ranked WZ comms.

So the choice I have is: buy the current gear when I ding 50, or keep the comms stored till I hit 55?

I figure the latter would be the smarter to do, it'll save me a quarter of the grind when I hit 55. So I figure I'll just buy a few WH pieces to upgrade my free Tionese set, and save the ranked comms for lvl 55.

I'm actually wondering the exact same thing. lvl 43 on one of my Smugglers now, and stocked up to 3250 ranked WZ comms.

So the choice I have is: buy the current gear when I ding 50, or keep the comms stored till I hit 55?

I figure the latter would be the smarter to do, it'll save me a quarter of the grind when I hit 55. So I figure I'll just buy a few WH pieces to upgrade my free Tionese set, and save the ranked comms for lvl 55.

Actually I just read on Dulfy's site that we can turn in old gear for classic commendations. So I guess it would be a good idea to grind some gear.

Actually I just read on Dulfy's site that we can turn in old gear for classic commendations. So I guess it would be a good idea to grind some gear.

I saw that too, but it looks in the screenshots like you get 1 classic commendation for each piece. Not a very good ratio...

I saw that too, but it looks in the screenshots like you get 1 classic commendation for each piece. Not a very good ratio...

I was reading that you get one small or large box per piece. It said that a small box gives 75 comms, and the large box is still unknown.

Edited by CharleyDanger

I was reading that you get one small or large box per piece. It said that a small box gives 75 comms, and the large box is still unknown.

You very much correct. I have no idea what I was remembering. My hope is that it was a mistake that I read and was later corrected, but more likely it is just VERY early dementia. :rolleyes: