The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

HOODS up/down EMOTE with a piece of armor

MariaD

The gesture of taking your hood up and down is very iconic for the Sith and the Jedi alike.

Think of Darth Malgus walking away from the burning Jedi temple in "Deceived": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMQ51v6Nafo&t=3m20s

I know making the gesture available for all hooded gear is too much work.

I would like particular robes that come with the emotes /hoodup and /hooddown

It should be relatively easy to make it work for all species, if it's just two pieces of gear (one for the Sith and one for the Jedi).

Check out what Malgus is doing during the False Emperor ;)

Indeed! The very beginning of the cinematic, for example, 50 sec into this video:

The emote could be put to very good RP use in many situations. It can be a threat, or a way to say "Our conversation is over, bye" and so on.

Despite how amazing this would be, to actually make the hood go up and down would take the time to make it work for all hooded items in the game including greens, blues, whites, oranges, etc. with all their unique hood models etc.

it would take as much time and development for a major content patch to just make it possible. Personally, I wish they would remove one of the two hoods on Revan's Chest Plate, Investigators Robe, and the Pathfinder Chestpeice.

And to sadly rain on your parade when Malgus takes his hood off in false emperor. they change out the NPCS. so you have a Malgus NPC with a hood, and a Malgus NPC without a hood. the screen jumps away as he is about to do it. its a "movie magic" disguise to make things appear to be more than what they are.

4 things I hope Bioware does man.

Hood Toggle.

Primary and Secondary color Armor Dyes.

Legacy Ships. (use another classes ship as your main ship)

Playerhousing options to your ship. (clickable doors, beds, chairs, etc.)

dat hood toggle. best thing to be put in the game, most costly to make happen.

Edited by Magnusheart

Despite how amazing this would be, to actually make the hood go up and down would take the time to make it work for all hooded items in the game including greens, blues, whites, oranges, etc. with all their unique hood models etc..

Exactly. That is why I want the emote to be connected to ONE (and ONLY ONE) piece of gear.

I suggest they sell "Awesome Robes of Up-Down Hood" on the Cartel Market. While you are wearing these robes, you can do the emote /hood and it toggles your hood up or down.

Edited by MariaD

I always felt they could make hoods a helmet/headpiece. That way you could just hide head slot. I get what you want to do. You want the actual motion of your guy/gal taking it down. But perhaps you could combine the two ideas into one console command:

/hideheadslot + /hood # the emote for taking the hood down # = # just # /hood. (That sort of thing)

This would make them both act at pretty much the same time to make it look like you did take down your hood. Perhaps a simpler way of doing it?

Edited by FreePrometheus

Force slinging classes should have hoods as headpieces. They should have those hanging hoods on the necks and then the headpieces would override them. That would be so handy and nice, instead of those hideous headpieces. Bioware has no clue how to make them... We get ninja masks, space police helmets, oversized kabuto-like stuff.

Masks which they release could come already hooded as well.

They said it's in works and i so much hope it will make it for makeb or shortly after :l

They said it will be ready for the next update after 1.2 so they must've done something about it and had an idea what to do with it.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue