PvP Armor in 2.0? Is EWH Obsolete?

DroidDreamer

:(

For those that have had a chance to purchase the gear on the PTS...

What are the tokens used for the basic set at 55 and then what tokens are used for the Elite set.

What I'm saying is did they replace warzone comms with another form of currency, and did they also replace rwz coms with another form of currency. Just wondering if we do the same thing we did when leveling to 50 and stock up on the wz comms/and rwz comms.

You need unranked and ranked to purchase new tiered items. The names and stats on the gear has changed but the system has not. You get basic with regular comms and elite with ranked and the basic trade in.

The new set are buffed in EXP so current pieces will be slightly nerfed compared to them. What I need to look into more is whether it would pay to replace EWH with Basic gear...

Basically the Devs are screwing over Vets AGAIN by introducing a totally new gear set and making previous pieces for trade-in useless... All the WH pieces I have been keeping for trade in are now useless.

I wish Rob would explain the reasoning behind needing gear for trades to the next tier.

Basically the Devs are screwing over Vets AGAIN by introducing a totally new gear set and making previous pieces for trade-in useless... All the WH pieces I have been keeping for trade in are now useless.

They need to make the new tier have 2 purchase options... you can purchase the basic tier with the WZ comms, OR by turning in the appropriate EWH piece + reduced comm price.

If the EWH is not useful for getting the new gear, there is no reason to get EWH anymore, and it is better to simply save your comms.

They need to make the new tier have 2 purchase options... you can purchase the basic tier with the WZ comms, OR by turning in the appropriate EWH piece + reduced comm price.

If the EWH is not useful for getting the new gear, there is no reason to get EWH anymore, and it is better to simply save your comms.

Well let's not be hasty. The whole point of the new tier is for the 55 bracket since the new gear can't be purchased until then, so you need WH/EWH for the lower bracket. Since leveling at these points take awhile, you probably could cap your comms again before you hit 55.

I do agree though. If they insist on having trade-in requirements, at least keep the requirements inline with what they were previously. They really need to stop introducing gear sets and start boosting EXP when a new tier is needed for PvE. They eliminated the DR, which I said they needed to do before 1.2 dropped, but now they should just increase multiplier on EXP to make it in line(slightly better than PvE gear in PvP) without adding more gear & changing the trade-in requirements :confused: I am seriously thinking about leaving if they don't make amends...

Edited by L-RANDLE

Well let's not be hasty. The whole point of the new tier is for the 55 bracket since the new gear can't be purchased until then, so you need WH/EWH for the lower bracket

Meh. People will simply treat it like they do current lowbie. Just go in with whatever gear you have, and let bolster make up the difference, especially if you are comparing WH to EWH...

Already being fully decked in EWH on 1 50, and full WH on 4 others, i'm simply not going to worry about EWH on those other ones. The gear should be fine for leveling to 55. So cap out my comms, level to 55, and go to town.

Meh. People will simply treat it like they do current lowbie. Just go in with whatever gear you have, and let bolster make up the difference, especially if you are comparing WH to EWH...

Already being fully decked in EWH on 1 50, and full WH on 4 others, i'm simply not going to worry about EWH on those other ones. The gear should be fine for leveling to 55. So cap out my comms, level to 55, and go to town.

Well bolster gave me 267EXP and around 17KHP last night on the PTS with legacy gear with LVL35 epics, I am not entirely sure bolster will makeup for having WH gear.... I feel bad for the people that hit the 30-54 bracket when 2.0 drops... No gear will be available for them, and having 4 more levels of training? Color me skeptical...:rolleyes: