The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

RIP powertech? Change class?

OrzusPL

Hello.

I rly feel, that my powetech is so weeeeeeaaak :S after this patch. ;s idk if it was some change....

But guys im rly pissed off when i see my powertech 45 gets hits by 5k from jugg's or maraders... (in the same lvl or 2-4 less) or their mirrors class on warzones.

I dont know what to do... any advice? Change class i think abote assassin or juggernaut... or bite the bullet and get 50 lvl and it will be better?

Edited by OrzusPL

Hello.

I rly feel, that my powetech is so weeeeeeaaak :S after this patch. ;s idk if it was some change....

But guys im rly pissed off when i see my powertech 45 gets hits by 5k from jugg's or maraders... (in the same lvl or 2-4 less) or their mirrors class on warzones.

I dont know what to do... any advice? Change class i think abote assassin or juggernaut... or bite the bullet and get 50 lvl and it will be better?

Pyro is very powerful, stick with it, You are being hit by Twinked smash monkeys

Hello.

are you kidding me? :D

you can burst for 10k+ in one global and instant thats pretty awesome in my opinion

also DoT the whole enemy group if they stand together.

shield+ adrenaline rush = awesome to survive a period of time against melees

Edited by Tharianus

In a warzone where other classes have their skills on CD the PT is the most powerful class in the game. In a 1v1 it is a different matter. Just stick with it - get your gear right and level up - there are some very nice new skils coming with 2.0 that are addressing a few of the pt's weak points.

two points

1.) pt pyro is the most faceroll single target bursty class in pvp, srsly u could roll with 4 buttons and smoke kids

2.) who cares if its weak or strong, if u like the class play it... when people re roll cause things get tough then the whole game is full of fotm... u were for sure a death knight in wow right?

Hello.

Smash hits everybody hard, its a force attack so armor isnt a factor on top of that it can hit for 100% more damage and autocrit when setup right. PTs are amazing and 2.0 they will be even better I have a level 50 Marauder and trust me its not as fun as you think, right now cause of smash everybody focus fires Maras and Juggs and keeps your CCed. Stick with PT trust me you wont regret it.

Smash hits everybody hard, its a force attack so armor isnt a factor on top of that it can hit for 100% more damage and autocrit when setup right. PTs are amazing and 2.0 they will be even better I have a level 50 Marauder and trust me its not as fun as you think, right now cause of smash everybody focus fires Maras and Juggs and keeps your CCed. Stick with PT trust me you wont regret it.

Smash is affected by armor, as are all other kinetic/energy damage attacks.

Ptechs are great in PvP though.

Agreed, PT is an amazingly fun pvp class, Rage/Focus is just a little over tuned atm, and of course you will feel weak as soon as you hit 50 because those 5k smash monkeys in WH and EWH will be hitting for 8-10k when you only have 14k health in recruit gear. Just stick it out, you will be destroying in no time. Especially come 2.0

Also I agree, smash is mitigated by armor. Only internal and elemental attacks are non armor mitigated.

Hello.

You are doing something wrong then.

I have my PT at level 46 right now, and have only leveled in PVP since level 18.

It has been faceroll easy mode for me. I can pull 4.1-4.4k railshot crits, and out damage everyone else by 150k+ in just about every wz I am in.

Edited by Flying-Brian