Switching between advanced classes

HashyAKAdave

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've talked to a few people and they say you can't switch your advanced class...I made the mistake of picking the wrong one and I didn't get a warning or anything when I selected it. Is there really no way to switch your advanced class? If not I'm glad I decided to wait before opening my Physical copy of the game.

READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST: I DO read everything and listen to everything very carefully, I didn't miss anything saying it'd be permanent.

EDIT: For those of you saying I should remake my char, I'd rather not spend the time to do it all over again, as short as that time may be. Believe it or not but some of us have IRL obligations and cannot spend hours and hours rerolling.

Around 12:30 is where you pick your AV for BH and I didn't see one warning that it would be permanent. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PUtZ4Q0p_w

learn to pay attention and read.

IT NEVER DID, HOW CAN i BE MORE CLEAR ABOUT THIS?

actually he is right on my trooper and jedi the quest giver before picking told me it was permanent but on BH the quest giver never tells you that it is. I think they forgot to add that part in for the BH. I just leveled one up and that is the only class i have played that does not tell you it is permanent.

Bug it.

Edited by Segyn

You picked the wrong class. You didnt pay attention to the dialogue and ALL the guys warnings.

You absolutely should not be able to swap between ACs...it would be a shame and disaster in this game.

1-10 takes no time at all. This isnt BioWare's fault....

They warn you PLENTY of times that it can't be undone. Plenty of times.
Really? I only heard it once. It was from the twilek AC trainer. I mean in-game.

In those forums I read all GZ's posts; so I knew that AC's switching was removed from a long while ago.

For the hundredth time, I'm not whining about a reroll. I'm complaining about how BH doesn't get a warning that it will be permanent. Also, some people don't want to go the starting area for a class a second time, whether it takes 30 minutes, 2 hours, 10 hours, doesn't matter.

Everyone gets the warning, plus if you were reading the forums before the wipe on the 13th of December, there were multiple, multiple threads about how you could not change your AC after you choose it. So you saying you listen/read everything, you didn't.

Really? I only heard it once. It was from the twilek AC trainer. I mean in-game.

In those forums I read all GZ's posts; so I knew that AC's switching was removed from a long while ago.

You are told once, then when you go to pick your AC you are offered two options and told again it is permanant when it shows the decriptions.

No, because changing your CLASS would be stupid.

exactly why you SHOULDNT be allowed to change your AC. People seem to fail to realize that this game has 8 classes on each side, not just 4. A Jedi Sage and Shadow are very different....same for all the ACs. Those are your classes....

which is still a CLASS. They play very differently just like any other two classes from another mmo would.

Maybe at level 50 they play differently, at lower levels there's hardly a difference and there's no reason why you can't switch before level 20 or so if you don't like or picked the wrong one.

No, because changing your CLASS would be stupid.

ON this one Your advance class is picking your class i know not all games do it this way but EQ2 did when it first came out you were a warrior till about 10 than you picked which warrior class so changing your AC is the same thing as changing your class in this game. Not all games use the exact same mechanics.

But if you picked the one you meant to pick i don't understand the purpose of this thread at all.

Maybe at level 50 they play differently, at lower levels there's hardly a difference and there's no reason why you can't switch before level 20 or so if you don't like or picked the wrong one.

yes because the fact that the scoundrel fights at 10 to 4m and the gunslinger at the longest range in the game isnt at all different for example.

Or the fact one has a full suite of heals the other a full suite of tanking abilities on the trooper or bounty hunter.

Edited by paspinall

Well, I have to grudgingly stand corrected.

Nowhere in the text or cut scenes of the Bounty Hunter does it specifically state that the choice is permanent like with the other classes I play.

This means that we'll have to pander to the kids who need hand holding, or people who insist on playing the game, but cannot redo a 3hr15minute bit of a game in which they are going to rack up months worth of actual ingame play time. Why these kinds of people insist on playing, is beyond me.

Some more interesting stuff from this thread also emerges however.

The OP, Hashy, created this topic at 9pm yesterday GMT.

By 10pm (Page 14) he was still actively posting. That means trolling the forums and responding to posts in this thread.

I finished the BH homeworld story line in that time and was level 8, in those 2 hours.

By 11:15pm (Page 21) Hashy was still posting. That's a solid 3hours 15 minutes of whining. I leveled a BH to a full level 10 and boarded the shuttle in 3hours 15 minutes.

His last post is currently on page 32 at 02:54am.

In the time he spent whining here on the forums he could've leveled 2 additional BH's to level 10. He could also have made a simple ingame bug report regards the lack of an official warning about the permanency of the AC choice.

Why do we always have to pander to these people?

He's also edited his original post to remove the veiled threats about returning his unopened game. Pitty he didn't just do that.

Anyways, now I have a healer BH too!

Edited by DesleDarksyde

Well, I have to grudgingly stand corrected.

Nowhere in the text or cut scenes of the Bounty Hunter does it specifically state that the choice is permanent like with the other classes I play.

This means that we'll have to pander to the kids who need hand holding, or people who insist on playing the game, but cannot redo a 3hr15minute bit of a game in which they are going to rack up months worth of actual ingame play time. Why these kinds of people insist on playing, is beyond me.

Some more interesting stuff from this thread also emerges however.

The OP, Hashy, created this topic at 9pm yesterday GMT.

By 10pm (Page 14) he was still actively posting. That means trolling the forums and responding to posts in this thread.

I finished the BH homeworld story line in that time and was level 8, in those 2 hours.

By 11:15pm (Page 21) Hashy was still posting. That's a solid 3hours 15 minutes of whining. I leveled a BH to a full level 10 and boarded the shuttle in 3hours 15 minutes.

His last post is currently on page 32 at 02:54am.

In the time he spent whining here on the forums he could've leveled 2 additional BH's to level 10. He could also have made a simple ingame bug report regards the lack of an official warning about the permanency of the AC choice.

Why do we always have to pander to these people?

He's also edited his original post to remove the veiled threats about returning his unopened game. Pitty he didn't just do that.

Anyways, now I have a healer BH too!

I did make an ingame bug report and in the time I've been posting I've been leveling a sith inquisitor. Why do people assume I just sat here at the comp using the forums and doing nothing else???

I did make an ingame bug report and in the time I've been posting I've been leveling a sith inquisitor. Why do people assume I just sat here at the comp using the forums and doing nothing else???

Because you said that simply rerolling the char was not going to happen. And you refered to your unopened game.

Now while you may require very explicit text to understand stuff, you do know how to write a sentence that leaves alot to be read between the lines.

The bottom line is... You didn't make this post in search of help or advice. Or even to warn fellow players. Nor to highlight a potential issue.

You made it to threaten and whine.

Edited by DesleDarksyde

Because you said that simply rerolling the char was not going to happen. And you refered to your unopened game.

Now while you may require very explicit text to understand stuff, you do know how to write a sentence that leaves alot to be read between the lines.

You've hacked your original post to pieces now... I wonder if anyone quoted the original?

If a GM can't do anything for me before the grace period is up then I'm going to return my copy, If me saying I was going to return it got deleted it was unintentional.