Add alternative ways to gain Voss Reputation

dermitni

Yes, I admit it, I like to solo most of the time and I only group up when asked by other players to help them out - or when forced to by Bioware (HK-51 anyone?) for one-time-occasions. In order to gain Voss reputation I am once more forced to group up day after day since I cannot solo the H4 heroics on Voss, even as a level-50 tank in decent gear.

So, currently the only faction I can gain reputation as a solo player is the Gree faction - and that possibility will be removed in one and a half week. Btw. I tried the Heroic space missions, too, but I think I may be the worst player ever since I could not finish even one of those (with level 7 equipment, mind you), so another dead end for reputation gain for me.

Will the reputation system be another feature I'll choose to ignore because it's to tedious to use (like social points, on my "Sir Groupupalot" character, I'm still between social levels 2 and 3 (he's level 50 btw. and I really grouped up with this one on any occasion, even for single-player-quests)) or -and this would be my suggestion- will there be added alternative ways to gain reputation? For example new small missions from the mission box like: "Thin out the Gormak population in area X to gain amount Y of reputation"?

Cheers, Niko

P.S.: Yes, I know SWTOR is a MMOPRG but in my opinion this does not necessarily mean that I have to be grouped constantly. Although I don't like GW2 much because of the class unbalance, the grouping is solved perfectly there: You don't have to! Instead you simply build flashmops to master harder chalanges; no invitation spam, no hard feelings when splitting up.

• 4 months later...

Agreed. How can a single player gain reputation?

My guild has moved on. They are in GW2. I am the only one left in SWTOR. So - my choices?

1) Join another guild and wait to gain reputation

2) Give in and start playing GW2 - leaving SWTOR

As a paying customer, I am not left with many choices as a single player. Advertising for groups is not handy and when they see my gear blows, I will not get invited back.

Please include a means to obtain decent looking gear without: 1) Large raids, 2) PvP, 3) endless hours in pickups just to get something fun.

My guild left due to rewards being unattainable and the game being boring. GW2 is more fun and.,... FREE. Give me incentive as a paying customer to continue on. The cartel credits are not enough for crap chance bundles for a "goodie". I throw most of it away...

I should not have to spend more money to buy cartel creds JUST to get something decent looking as a single player.

well...

if you don't have expansion, it IS a problem. however - if you DO have expansion and can lvl to 55? those Voss missions become perfectly soloable. you don't even need awesome gear for that. planetary makeb coms will gear you and companion more than enough (tested personally - and I'm about one week away from legend)

when this post was made, it was relevant. right now, every single existing reputation is fully solo achievable.

P.S. starter basic gear is also solo achievable and is more than enough to be able to do story mode ops/lvl 55 hm flashpoints.

Edited by Jeweledleah

They are dropping somewhere else. I am on 2nd level rep for Voss and I have never done an H4 there. I can't remember now how it happened. Does anybody know if rep items drop for regular heroics? Or maybe from the macrobinoculars/seeker parts? (I did those)

voss rep tablets are random drops from mobs in the world - any mobs relaly and I know I got one from class mission on my agent.

as for space missions - you can also do ascendancy barrier/impossible sector for green rep tokens. that mission is very doable even in lvl 6 purple ship upgrades, its even more doable in 7th. its slower, but its not impossible.