Does anyone else thing the Rule of Two is kind of stupid? (spoilers)

dark_wolf

WARNING: SPOILERS FOR THE DARTH BANE TRILOGY.

I mean don't get me wrong, Darth Bane fracking awesome and his plan did work, but it just seems so risky. There's only two sith at a time. I can think of a couple instances where Bane and Zannah both almost got themselves killed and thus ended the Sith Order. The trip to Tython, what if the hyperspace lanes had collapsed on them or the Jedi did succeed in killing them there? They could have both died in the Stone Prison as well. Or what if somewhere along the line the Master and Apprentice kill each other during their battle for succession? What if there is just some random accident that kills them both. Two people doesn't leave a lot room for error or bad luck. Anyone else agree?

To understand the Rule of Two, you have to understand that this was a policy enacted by Bane to protect the Sith from extinction. The Jedi had won the war. For all intents and purposes, the last Two Thousand years would have been for nothing if Bane had not cut off the madness. In the rule of Two, the two Sith would never really be together unless absolutely necessary, and above all they had to keep their true identity a total secret. That's why Palpatine worked so well.....1,000 years had gone by since Bane brought back the Rule of Two.

You might ask, what's the reasoning behind Darth Bane's decision to do this? The Battle of Ruusan brought together two large forces for an final epic battle. The Brotherhood of Darkness was basically the remnants of the Sith Empire(that we are currently dealing with in the game). The Army of Light is a Jedi led force with Lord Hoth in charge of the battle. In a canyon on the planet mentioned above, the Brotherhood of Darkness had internal strife and betrayal amongst the Darths in the order. This led to infighting, which made things easier for the Army of Light to destroy the Sith. Bane saw the inevitable result and created a Force Bomb, which killed both the Brotherhood and the Army of Light and trapped the souls in what is now known as The Valley of the Jedi.

Bane was the only one to survive this fight. Because of this, he went into hiding and the Jedi never suspected that he survived. He realized that, as long as there were many masters, there would never be a unified Sith Order. There could only be ONE master. In fact, if I remember correctly, Bane had access to holocrons created by Darth Revan that bare out this very idea only 2,500 years prior to using it. It worked well for Revan until that day that Malak attacked him to steal his title of Dark Lord of the Sith. This does, however, creates a major continuity issue in the Prequel films that I have always had problems with.

During Qui Gon's Funeral scene in the Phantom Menace, Yoda turns to Mace Windu and tells him that, "Always two there are. No more. No less. A Master and an Apprentice."

Yoda wasn't even born yet when Darth Bane went into hiding. Councilors Mundi and Windu prove this when Master Jinn returns to the Council and informs them of the Warrior he faced in the Tatooine desert.

Ki-Adi Mundi: Impossible. The Sith have been extinct for a millennium.

Mace Windu: I do not believe the Sith could have returned without us knowing.

The Jedi would have been expecting an army of Sith after Maul attacked the Queen of Naboo.

So, how could Yoda even know of Darth Bane's reinstitution of the Rule of Two, considering he was barely 850 years old?

Edited by DarknessInLight