Harbinger PvE DPS Leaderboard, Revamped!

WillLongstick

There's some serious sketchiness in his parse. For instance, he activated a rage spending move at the beginning of the combat. Seems like he was just testing whether people payed attention.

no, I know that, in fact I can more than prove he edited his damage... The thing is I told him to take it down before he embarasses himself and he responds, "Thank you, that's all I wanted to see."

What the hell kind of response is that xD, im confused

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He uploaded an earlier parse here http://www.torparse.com/a/83754/1/0/Damage+Dealt that has identical times and damage values except that he does 55k less damage from his dots. Looking at the logs, the time stamps are identical, the only thing that changed was a higher damage gained from his dots, which changing from the two-three specs cannot be gained in a flat out 100+ dps change.

In my opinion, as of 2.0 (so that no one complains that their hard-earned parses are voided) a video of the fight should be required. All you have to do is look at this thread, know what to change in your log, and be the highest dps. A good number of these are most likely BS parses (for example, the two quoted have been proven to be). Just look at what the offender did not change, and change all of what he did plus what he didn't in your parse and you're golden. You say "no nightmare pilgrim buff" etc. There's no way for you to know via the parse. His numbers are simply higher. The current requirements rely on an honor system. This is an mmo, it's obviously not going to work (and it hasn't).

In summary, I am requesting that as of 2.0, all of the requirements in the original post be in effect, and also require a video of the fight (for buff validation, external dummy armor debuff validation, damage value validation, etc).

In my opinion, as of 2.0 (so that no one complains that their hard-earned parses are voided) a video of the fight should be required. All you have to do is look at this thread, know what to change in your log, and be the highest dps. A good number of these are most likely BS parses (for example, the two quoted have been proven to be). Just look at what the offender did not change, and change all of what he did plus what he didn't in your parse and you're golden. You say "no nightmare pilgrim buff" etc. There's no way for you to know via the parse. His numbers are simply higher. The current requirements rely on an honor system. This is an mmo, it's obviously not going to work (and it hasn't).

In summary, I am requesting that as of 2.0, all of the requirements in the original post be in effect, and also require a video of the fight (for buff validation, external dummy armor debuff validation, damage value validation, etc).

There's no way people are going to upload a video of them hitting a dummy for 5 mins man. Its easy to tell which are faked, not worth the time for video proof.

There's no way people are going to upload a video of them hitting a dummy for 5 mins man. Its easy to tell which are faked, not worth the time for video proof.

Please understand my intentions here. I am in no way implying that I am the best DPS in the world, or even close to it. I simply desire a fair playing field. Sometimes that means adding another requirement to the parses.

Idnewton

Annihilation Marauder

This is a 100% bs, illegitimate parse. If you can tell me why, I will rest easy. But consider this: the parse took longer than the editing.

For the sake of the thread I will not be posting how this is done.

Edited by idnewton

Please understand my intentions here. I am in no way implying that I am the best DPS in the world, or even close to it. I simply desire a fair playing field. Sometimes that means adding another requirement to the parses.

Idnewton

Annihilation Marauder

This is a 100% bs, illegitimate parse. If you can tell me why, I will rest easy. But consider this: the parse took longer than the editing.

For the sake of the thread I will not be posting how this is done.

Looks legit to me, except your avg damage/hit on some things is insanely high...

I totally agree with you on vidding the parses, that way if someone doesn't believe it they can look it over themselves. I know I would look parses over because not saying all of these parses are fake, but some people I know I easily out DPS in ops have insane numbers on here and it's not just because it's just "hitting a dummy" Gort, I totally support idnewton's idea... if it's that easy to fake a parse, then I'm sure the leaderboard has a few fakes. Start it at 2.0 so that way no one gets called out. Just my 2 cents

Idnewton

Annihilation Marauder

Too easy. I sent you an in game mail saying what it is (from Encelodus, forgot to put that in the mail), for the sake of the thread as well I will not be sharing your mistake/illegitimacy.

I'm entirely against requiring video proof of parses for several reasons. First of all, acquiring video capture and processing software pretty much requires paying for it or pirating, neither of which I advocate for an open entry competition. Secondly, with those video capture programs running, those on lower performance machines, or machines with little free hard drive space will see crippling performance drops. Then considering you don't know which parse will be "THE" highest of the day, you will likely be saving multiple videos, further degrading machine performance for many. But to end the discussion, syncing video to parse to prove legitimacy is a time consuming matter, requires flytext to be enabled, and absolutely will not work when watching DOT classes having so many numbers fly off that they stream together.

anyways, hit the level 10 dummy then change the name.

easy.

but tl;dr is that video proof is ridiculous, that parse would obviously be a fake with min hit damage values so high. At worse, someone would say it was an armor debuff, which is against the rules too.

Also, I REed all of my pve gear so whoever beats my numbers can keep the records, I dont really care :) GJ Chew

Idnewton

Annihilation Marauder

Another illegit parse. At first glance nothing seems wrong, and I find it hard to believe any parse gets more than a first look. The issue is that it took me seconds to change, and I can vary it however I want. If the damage per hit is too high, I can simply change out some gear, take off a buff, switch targets, change stim, etc. I'm not in full agreement of the video idea either, I understand it'll be more annoying. But the fact is that I can fake a parse in seconds, and its virtually undetectable unless you know exactly what to look for.

Idnewton

Annihilation Marauder

Another illegit parse. At first glance nothing seems wrong, and I find it hard to believe any parse gets more than a first look. The issue is that it took me seconds to change, and I can vary it however I want. If the damage per hit is too high, I can simply change out some gear, take off a buff, switch targets, change stim, etc. I'm not in full agreement of the video idea either, I understand it'll be more annoying. But the fact is that I can fake a parse in seconds, and its virtually undetectable unless you know exactly what to look for.

Fought the combat training dummy, not the operations dummy.

And what Gorthog said about recording is correct. I for one play on a laptop that was bought to use in college, so it has a crap graphics card. Currently I get about 30 frames running on the lowest possible settings, so using a recording program is out of the question for me.

Edited by WiththeForc

Fought the combat training dummy, not the operations dummy.

And what Gorthog said about recording is correct. I for one play on a laptop that was bought to use in college with extra memory, but a crap graphics card. Currently I get about 30 frames running on the lowest possible settings, so using a recording program is out of the question for me.

Fixed

Currently I get about 30 frames running on the lowest possible settings, so using a recording program is out of the question for me.

Hmm... I might want to turn down my own graphics settings when I parse, might make a bit of a difference. As it is I'm getting a ton less hits than yours. I don't think I've ever parsed on something other than full graphics settings. In retrospect that's almost laughable, I don't know why I didn't think of it before.

I still want to do the best I can. If that means turning down graphics settings in operations and parses, I might do so. I'll try a legit parse. If I can break 2k I will be ecstatic.

PS: Looking at the carnage parses, I tried it myself. Barely broke 1800, lmao :p Carnage is not my thing, that's for sure.

Edited by idnewton

Barely broke 1800, lmao :p Carnage is not my thing, that's for sure.

lol I know what you mean. A couple months back I tried to do a good carnage parse and I barely broke 2k. But for the last week I've been practicing on the pts with carnage and I think I'll be switchin when 2.0 goes live. From a clean start I was able to put up about 30-50 more dps in carnage than I did in anni, and in the operations that's going to be an even bigger gap since prit near every fight in S&V I lose my stacks of juyo and annihilator at least once which is a major dps loss.

Edited by WiththeForc

Idnewton

31/3/7

That's more than 50 dps lower than my best, 1976.47. In comparison to the highest, 2162.07, what did I do wrong? Did I just get unlucky misses this time? Now that I look at it, my hits are pretty much the same as his. This last time I missed a lot more (over 10% miss, which is terribad), but I think my rotation is pretty much OK.

lol I know what you mean. A couple months back I tried to do a good carnage parse and I barely broke 2k.

Your parses seem to be consistently higher than mine, in both specs. Is there something I'm missing here?

If there is some way to link your gear to the site as it is in the game, or at least list your stats, that'd be nice.

Edited by idnewton

Idnewton

31/3/7

That's more than 50 dps lower than my best, 1976.47. In comparison to the highest, 2162.07, what did I do wrong? Did I just get unlucky misses this time? Now that I look at it, my hits are pretty much the same as his. This last time I missed a lot more (over 10% miss, which is terribad), but I think my rotation is pretty much OK. Is there something I'm missing here?

You missed about 2% more often and had overall 3% less critical hits than I did. Admitedly, I ran that parse with a power enhancement instead of one of my crit ones that I currently use and got really lucky on crits. Just comparing my annihilate crit % to yours I crit 11% more often and my deadly sabers crit 5% more often. Ultimately it comes down luck and how often your annihilate decides to crit.

Idnewton

If there is some way to link your gear to the site as it is in the game, or at least list your stats, that'd be nice.

My current gear setup is this http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/98b6118b-3c9c-4633-8eef-efd840a44219

To get the setup I had on that parse, just switch one of the crit enhancements with a power one.

I gotta get to my sociology class, be back later if you have anymore questions ;)

Edited by WiththeForc

I wish I knew more about Anni, so I could help you out. One thing I would do is try parsing for a longer length of time, say 10 mins plus. This will give you a greater area to choose from. Another thing is I would save your CDs (BT, adrenals, relic) until you have all your annihilate stacks to give you the most utilization of the increased dps, then go 5+ minutes following that point. Those are the biggest things you can do. If you don't want to fork the cash over for a ton of adrenals, they only added about ~20 dps for me on average. Try your current rotation, but wait for the CDs and see what you get. If you're getting up where you want, add the adrenals and you'll get the most you can get. Also, as Beastfury said, luck helps. You got a bit unlucky in yours.

Took some time to input, but here:

IDNEWTON

The current issues I am aware of are:

A: I need all augments to be Advanced Might Augment 21/22.

B: I need all armorings to be Advanced Migh Armoring 27s instead of 26s.

C: I have not gotten all of the Endurance/Willpower/Strength datacrons.

I don't feel the need to change either of the first two before the expansion. The third one, yes, I do need to do that ASAP because it'll still help after the expansion comes. However, I'd really like any advice you can give so I know how to gear when 2.0 hits.

Edited by idnewton