Possible solution for PvP problems.

JMNeves

During this Gree event I came to realise a couple of things.

One: Open world PvP can be a lot of fun;

Two: Both factions have not-so-smart players;

And three: It can be really annoying to be stopped from doing your quests.

With that information plus what I already know about griefing I came up with a couple of ideas that everyone agreed to be really good (at least out of the ones I talked to).

A reward/punishment system is what I propose.

First onto the rewards. They wouldn't be in form of dailies, but instead a ongoing thing. E.g.: For every player kill you get 1000 credits, or 5 PvP commendations, or both. But it had to be something that could be useful out of the world PvP sphere. Plus, you'd get a stackable buff that for each stack (max of 20, wearing off everyday with all the regular dailies resets) you'd get 1% bonus on valor for any kind of PvP. And when you got to the max stack your rewards would be different (E.g.: one commendation instead of five, or 500 credits instead of 1000), and that'd be to avoid farming. You guys can probably get this idea, work on it, and come up with something better.

And as for the punishments, players would get debuffs (only active on PvP areas, so their PvE experience would still be the same) for every unfair PvP fight. The debuff would be stackable up to 20 as well, and it would be not on valor(for that would never stop someone from griefing) but on the character's health. This would have to be much more detailed so I stopped to think about it and I might have some pretty good stuff for different situations.

First situation, level 50(and up, for when the expansion comes) killing lowbies. People would be free to do whatever they want the same way they are today, but for every unfair kill fitting into this first situation, the griefer would get a 3% debuff on health. It would still not stop the person from griefing, but at the max stack a player with 19k health would have 7.6k. That , I believe, would help a small group of two lowbies to take down a 50 without a problem.

Second situation, regular world PvP when one of the players was already in combat with a mob of any kind before the PvP combat started. That'd be to avoid <euphemism>unkind</euphemism> players from taking advantage on others for being already down on health. The debuff would be not 3%, but 2% on health for each stack, and would follow the same stackable rules as the others.

The third situation is being a critical point for basically everyone during this Gree event, which is players of the same faction attacking during a a channel for a objective (E.g.: capturing a pylon with orbs). As same faction killing is a feature of open world PvP, it's not really a problem but basically all players agree that it's annoying, and so you spend hours trying to find instances with less players online, and I think we all agree that it should not be the goal. So same faction killing would not give players a health debuff, but a double debuff, one on rewards for PvP killing(no rewards for 1 hour or something), and the other a stackable debuff on valor. Would not stop anyone(or hinder their stats on PvP like the other debuffs), but it would demotivate, as there would be no rewards for annoying other players while actual fair combat would get you a lot of stuff.

These are just my ideas to make the game more dynamic and to help everyone. I have two 50s on the republic and one on the empire. I spend all day on the event to get the helix components and reputation rewards, and so I have no time for other dailies like FPs, Ops, Blackhole, Section X, or even warzones. With these suggestions I can only hope to make everyone's game more fun.