The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So while we're waiting for 2.0 expansion...

JeanDeaux

I see we're getting the level limit raised, it would just be awesome if our XP counter didn't sit at zero while we wait for the new expansion. It would just a hoot to have the XP monitor fill up to max and sit at full so when 2.0 comes out, or the 3.0, 5.0, etc, that next level will be ready to bump up. It seems a shame to not get any XP at all even though we're actively out fighting for our side n such. Simple suggestion, feel free to discuss amoungst yourselves.

When Makeb hits, if your backlogged xp suddenly caused you to ding 55 and be the new max level, you would be overleveled for the entirety of the new content.

Call me crazy, this seems like a bad thing.

I don't mind at all starting Makeb at exactly level 50.0 and work my way up.

Edit: I can think of a time this was implemented poorly. Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising. When I got to the end of the original DoW II, I farmed end-game for some particularly powerful artifact gear. I did this because it was fun for me, and I didn't want the game to end, as well as the fact that I like Teh Shiney.

When the expansion dropped and I imported my save game, my characters started Chaos Rising with 2 extra levels right at the start.

I ended up being overpowered and I didn't enjoy the lack of challenge.

Edited by Khevar

Ding 5 levels? No, I don't mean let that XP meter run forever. When higher levels are available, it's DING level +1 and meter resets to 0 just like normal level progression. I'm suggesting stopping the meter at full instead of leaving it on empty.