Can someone shed some light on sith assassin for me?

IamRyuuka

Hey everyone. I just started playing today, I wasn't in beta or early access and I've been having some major problems deciding what to play. I leveled a Sith warrior to 11 and an imperial agent to 11 (Chose to go with sniper). The Sniper is pretty fun but I miss the force powers of my sith warrior.

The problem for me now is that I would like to play a class that can tank and dps. I was thinking about going juggernaut but one lightsabre feels so dull to me, I don't know why but it just does. I thought about going marauder instead (because I would really like to dual wield) but realised they don't have a tanking tree (fml).

My only remaining choice then is the sith assassin. I like the twohanded lightsabre as much as dual wielding. My question for you assassin guys is: How does the assassin play (mainly as a tank but dps too I guess), do you mix force powers and sabre attack? Now that I think of it, I don't even know if the sith assassin class wields a twohanded lightsabre while tanking, do they?

If the only thing holding me back from playing juggernaut is the fact that I can only use one lightsabre, might the assassin be the class for me?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, they have a tank tree and two DPS trees. The Deception DPS tree plays similar to a Rogue (burst dmg) from wow, only you use spells as well similar to an enhancement Shaman. It's kind of a mix of the two. The madness tree is similar to deception, except most of your DPS comes from dots (steady dmg), similar to an affliction warlock, but you are melee and still use a lot of melee moves in addition to spells.

You always wield a double bladed saber, in any of the 3 specs. You wield a shield generator in your off hand for tanking, and a focus relic for DPS. These have no visual effect though, they simply go in your off-hand slot. You continue to wield your DB light saber with both hands for the most part.

It does sound like a sin is what you want, melee DPS with a tank spec and more than just a single blade.

Edited by Ruark

Thanks for the info! I think I'll try juggernaut and if it isn't fun I'll definetely go for an assassin. Read the codex sticky and it does seem like it's a great class. (only bad thing is that my duo partner is sith assassin too ;()

Nothing wrong with that. Have one go tank and one go DPS and you'll destroy everything :p