Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Final Wave Sent!

uniscorn

for the geniius thinking they are STUCK under 5 days, under the terms of the agreement while others get 7...you do realize they siplimply moved EVEYRONE up the priority list by 2 days, they are doing whay they said they were going to do, only they are starting 2 days early! omg

yeah your right, they ar eletting some poeple play 2 days early, while moving you to the very back of the list, and probably leaving some wide open space in the middle just to make YOU wait cuz it really is all about you

they started 2 days early, so you will get an invite 2 days earlier than what you would have originally gotten.

Not the agreement and you can use all you want.

Yes they said not everyone would get in first day, but how can you let you customers sit in front of computer not giving anyday. Not cool, inplemented wrong.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I have said before, people aren't angry about the amount of days each people get. They are angry because of the complete lack of any sort of information being released to the customers. Even a rough estimate of how many invites were sent out each wave, the time between each wave, when each date of pre-order would *MAYBE* get an invite and all would be fine. It's the part about not knowing anything about anything going on that's pissing people off.

Then if the estimate changes people rage. People are going to QQ regardless.

the future i see...veeeery sad the Jedi and Sith shall be..log in they will.. a discovery they shall find.. this name.. taken it was.. terrible news this is :D

No way anybody is taking my names! I am going with Luuke for a Jedi Knight. Haan for my smuggler, Troooper for my... um... Trooper, and Obeewan for my Consular. I am safe.

Kidding... but chances are the names I do choose will be more available if the majority of the community goes with variations on existing names.

Otherwise... I am gonna have to get real creative.

I agree and thats why I made first post. I am not crying about not being not being chosen today it's about being told one thing and another happens. I look to them for information I need to make decisions on what to do to make my gaming experince fun. Did not happen...

If they told me well you can not get on until launch then I would deal with that but there are so many people disappointed because of what they told us initially.

If they knew in the beginning we all can not log in then fine communicate. You are dealing with pre-order people do not wait untill you see it's not going to work.

I feel I have wasted a day for no reason other then it was not implemented right. As a project manager I would have to answer to someone. Communication is the whole problem for me and still is. I have other things to do then sit here wondering.

i do understand your frustration with the guessing and waiting game.i myself would like to know when i can play, even if that means 5 days from now. that being said, if you dont want to waste your day waiting, then dont, do your thing, check your email when ya get a chance, and when it comes it comes. i know the anticipation is killing me as well but hey...its a game, and the system isnt perfect, but i dont know one that is. anything we get before dec 20th is just that EXTRA so kick back, and wait for the insanity to begin.

I agree and thats why I made first post. I am not crying about not being not being chosen today it's about being told one thing and another happens. .

uh, this happens to EVERYONE all the time......It says right on my bag of popcorn to microwave for 2.5 minutes, yet it never takes 2.5 minutes it takes 3.....DAMN ORVILLE REDDENBACHER AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON!!!!!!! Bigboote-Tay TAY TAY (sorry banzai reference)

uh, this happens to EVERYONE all the time......It says right on my bag of popcorn to microwave for 2.5 minutes, yet it never takes 2.5 minutes it takes 3.....DAMN ORVILLE REDDENBACHER AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON!!!!!!! Bigboote-Tay TAY TAY (sorry banzai reference)

And then u have some burnt up stanking popcorn hehe

No way anybody is taking my names! I am going with Luuke for a Jedi Knight. Haan for my smuggler, Troooper for my... um... Trooper, and Obeewan for my Consular. I am safe.

Kidding... but chances are the names I do choose will be more available if the majority of the community goes with variations on existing names.

Did you even read name rules ? You cant create character with names as obeewan ... just read it

Edited by Dogblaster

i would prefer a queue which says: "u are in position 5.124 estimated time xx hours" instead of that lottery **** were to unknown times a unknown amount of players get invited which get a headstart in lvl and economy against all others which destroys the purpose of an mmo.

if this **** continues i bet that next year same time this game is f2p or dead.

Guessing Blizzard is laughing their asses of atm.

This is it.

Regardless of the fact that bioware have told us in outline how this EGA was going to work, with a "traditional" launch individual players couldn't guarantee they had days of game play ahead of other players.

It is the lack of a level playing field that a lot of people get annoyed about. (yes I know)

you do realize its not the 15th yet? right?

No. But if I dont get in by then, then I wont buy another EA or Bioware product, because its lying to the consumer. Or they fail at updating the retailers.

(Btw EA is now using bots for the live chat support)

http://www.swtor.com/preorder/faq

before i Pre-ordered i looked at this ,and was propered, i don't get it did anyone bother not reading this?

Just a thought about the claims of "But the server populations are low" ...

While I'm certain there are a lot of people who were all lined up and ready to play this game on launch day, there are probably a lot of people who will only be using their invites later this week or this weekend. While the number of servers may be appropriate for the number of users they invited, it may take days before enough of them are playing at prime-time to make this obvious.

Least they can do is make new servers everyday they invite kids,so we all get a fair chance at being the best on our respective server. Also it would allow us to get maybe one of the names we wanted. Horizon - becomes Sirumadbro and i lose that much more respect for myself. Haha but I'd honestly would have preferred a delay to release than favoritism. And for anyone who says its not **** off i never asked you lol.

This is it.

Regardless of the fact that bioware have told us in outline how this EGA was going to work, with a "traditional" launch individual players couldn't guarantee they had days of game play ahead of other players.

It is the lack of a level playing field that a lot of people get annoyed about. (yes I know)

No, I am a grinder that does not matter to me it's the lack of communication. Are you guys just reading one post and commiting or do you work for swtor?

and im still trying to undewrstand what you were promised that you didnt get. we were promised up to 5 days of early game play, and theyve started 7 days early , so we all ge tin earlier, they never promised to tel us when we would get in, so they didnt lie to us their, its a little inconvient and i would like some notice as well, but we havent been lied to in anyway. just left a little clueless worst case scenario

Then if the estimate changes people rage. People are going to QQ regardless.

So give a long estimate, then over deliver. They could easily work back from the 19th, then send out a we are ahead you can go in now message. The simple fact is they know everyone is in on the 20th which is a hard and fast deadline, if they want to ramp they know how many preorders they have had redeemed.

People rage if you don't communicate or under deliver on your promises. They call you a miracle worker and cheer if you over deliver.

As it stand I have no idea if i can start the 15th or the 19th or somewhere in between, simply no idea. This is bad customer relations or what not to do at launch.

now I understand the "waves" concept. but seriously, why didn't they send them all out since the beta, with an "appointment time" so that you could know when your time starts.

i've seen quite a few people that scheduled time off work to be here on day one.

i've seen that quite a few more didn't even use their invite till hours after.

for anyone that hasn't figured it out yet, the "waves" have the advantage of keeping the start zones from being bogged down, not the server itself. keep in mind that a game like this transmits the information of nearby people to each client. so if the entirerty of a server's population is in one zone. boom goes the server.

all in all, making people wait by the "phone" (email) to get the call to arms is rather anoying, and short sighted.

but it is "Star Wars" so i guess if we will sit in the cold and rain to get the first tickets to the midnight showing of a movie, then who really needs to worry about customer service. which has been seriously lacking all along. imho.

Yea they learned that next time they need to sell preorders while the game is still in development and offer even earlier access.

I rather wait in a q and fight for quest mobs rather then having to keep checking my email logging in to the client and hoping ima get picked that day :mad: