Heat management

scarlet_magpie

Hi all, I am currently lvl 17 Merc and I was wondering if there is a good, solid rotation i can use which enables me to manage heat without having to use vent heat on my quickbar?

I can't think of another ability I would be happy to lose in it's place really!!

Thanks in advance all.

level to 50 then try to ask again.

level to 50 then try to ask again.

That's completely unnecessary. he's obviously new to Mercenary and looking for help, your post does anything but.

---------

The key to playing Mercenary is not to spam your abilitys, Due to Mercenarys having 2 weapons they get increased damage with default attacks so make good use of them. When using abilitys try to weave in a default attack between every one of them, if not attempt to keep your heat above 70% as this is when you get fastest heat regeneration.

Many thanks Waldo, I must admit I was surprised by the amount of damage done by my "1" button default attack when compared with say Unload.

I'm having a lot of fun with this toon, but in half-decent fights, I do seem to get a little stuck at times.

Got to hassle the kids to crack on with their homework when i get in this evening, so i can chuck em off the PC and get logged on!! :)

As you level heat's going to get easier and easier to manage, try doing 3 pouer shots then using unload then rail shot, then after that you can either auto attack if your heat gets above 40, or if it's not continue to use pouer shot. You never uant your heat to get above 40 because after that your heat goes from 5 recovered per second, to 3 recovered per second. It's a huge jump in ineficiency. Eventually you'll get better at it as you practice. Have fun!

Note- My double u key is broken, sorry about the misspellings

Edited by lordnortamos

Hi all, I am currently lvl 17 Merc and I was wondering if there is a good, solid rotation i can use which enables me to manage heat without having to use vent heat on my quickbar?

I can't think of another ability I would be happy to lose in it's place really!!

Thanks in advance all.

Easy buddy, there is many ways to manage your heat easily within a fight. Ignore the idiot that says you should lvl to 50 first, its a mugs game to not learn your class from the ground up! The Merc is abit heavier on the heat management than the Powertech. Both can be easily managed using the Bounty Hunter core CGC mechanic.

This video guide will talk you through the 1-10 core bounty hunter abilites & Tech Abilities. These are massive in PvE or PvP to understand how to effectively manage heat while sustaining dps/mobility throughout the levels. Not understanding your starter core class - Bounty Hunter - and how to switch between the AC/Core rotations will cause massive problems later on and result in overheating!

The majority of your 1-10 moves are tech abilites - which give you a %increase to accuracy - making them effective and creating chances to drop heat using RS and Unload to proc CGC. For a Merc you should use these to create space and movement. Do not underestimate the procs and damage of Rapid Shots to create safe space to nuke.

Good luck and if you ever decide to roll a Powertech then check out my 10-50 PvP series on my channel!