The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Character Re-Creation - Both unlock tokens and additional customization options

Vistaer

I think the best way to do this would be to split it into 4 different "tokens" or whathaveyou.

- Character Rename

- Character Species Change (which includes below)

- Character Recustomization (no species change)

- Legacy Rename

Perhaps people can buy individual recreation tokens, or a package that contains Rename, Species, and Legacy Rename as a package.

Side note: If you want this to be significantly profitable - add MORE character re-customizations. Examples include: all tattoos, scars, slave marks, etc. unlocked for all species, or the "sharp" zabrak horns being available for republic zabracks, or skin colors, etc. (these unlocks should have been part of the legacy species unlocks imho - similar to how cyborg unlock will unlock all cybernetics from all classes). There's also a TON of character skins, head shapes, etc. already in the game which are inaccessible. Examples include skins that have facial hair on them (not 3d-modeled facial hair) or Elderly looking character skins.

Perhaps when a patch goes out to unlock all these and give a free legacy-bound (so no selling on GTN) re-customization pack to subscribers, with the packs (which arn't legacy bound) being discounted for 2 weeks so everyone can get a recustomization.

Edit: The Character Barber shop post I realized comes pretty close to this especially in character recustomization/species area. Sorry for repeat post on those items :)

Edited by Vistaer

I support this idea. A year and several classes / characters later I returned to my very first character which I rushed in creating due to server load and several people waiting on me.

I would definitely pay for a customization of this character and name changes of a couple alts who's names I lost after the server merger.