The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lightsaber sound on impact

FloZeu

Is it just me or does it seem like the LS just goes and hits air all the time.

Fighting these big heavy armored guys and nothing, the sound is always like im swinging in empty air.

Wish there was a better sound when fighting with a LS, especially against mobs with armor.

The "impact" sounds your referring to tend to be more pronounced on special attacks and abilities. For example, using master strike has a pronounced aural and visual effect, which it makes it much easier to notice when one of the strikes is avoided.

The basic free attack is subdued with not much in the way of sound effects. I assume this is the make special attacks stand out more.

Is it just me or does it seem like the LS just goes and hits air all the time.

Fighting these big heavy armored guys and nothing, the sound is always like im swinging in empty air.

Wish there was a better sound when fighting with a LS, especially against mobs with armor.

I couldn't agree more Flo. It took me a few levels of my baby Jedi Knight to put my finger on what was wrong with the combat and it is the lack of sound combined with the lack of a collision mechanic that makes fighting quite unsatisfactory. I want to hear my enemies sizzle and burn. I want them to disrupt into dust...or at least parts of them.

My knight was the first character I rolled, but she will ever be the baby as playing on her is so tedious compared to the fun I have on my other characters.

The "impact" sounds your referring to tend to be more pronounced on special attacks and abilities. For example, using master strike has a pronounced aural and visual effect, which it makes it much easier to notice when one of the strikes is avoided.

The basic free attack is subdued with not much in the way of sound effects. I assume this is the make special attacks stand out more.

EXACTLY.. well, i want that impact and sound on all my LS attacks.

I couldn't agree more Flo. It took me a few levels of my baby Jedi Knight to put my finger on what was wrong with the combat and it is the lack of sound combined with the lack of a collision mechanic that makes fighting quite unsatisfactory. I want to hear my enemies sizzle and burn. I want them to disrupt into dust...or at least parts of them.

My knight was the first character I rolled, but she will ever be the baby as playing on her is so tedious compared to the fun I have on my other characters.

Soooooooo true.. i want to hear every strike my LS does.