The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Purchaseable Weapon Proficiences

ZiggB

The thought has come to mind on some gear gained through questing on medium armor with shields.

The thought is to purchase weapon proficiences for said toon, doing so would add uniqueness to each toon. For example an operative/smuggler or sentinal/marauder can carry a shield, a scoundrel and powertech could invest in an assault cannon proficieny and the list goes on.

Yes this might take a moderate amount of work on terms of the programers and saying about 750 coins wouldn't bee a stretch but it is doable.

Edited by ZiggB

I like this idea. When i first started playing I wondered why (outside of mechanics and power use) Jedi were suddenly limited in what sort of weapon they could use. AKA why a Guardian uses a single blade a Sentinel needs to use Dual etc.

In the movies we see Anakin pick up a second Saber in Episode II and he fights with it (sure, he looses an arm but who nitpicking). Saber's should be a personal choice.

As i can see it every class has one or two basic attacks with their weapon-style, all the other abilities use animations for specific powers, many of which have the character produce some sort of secondary "fluff" weapon or effect. Even when I think about things like the Bounty hunter's "Unload" power which uses two blasters, surely their is a Soldier animation for a rifle that could be substituted?

Having said that I can also see a reason purely from a PvP standpoint where this might not work as weaponry is one of those instant glance-to-evaluate an opponents class. I just think this is something that could add a huge amount to the games flexibility and aesthetic.

The thought has come to mind on some gear gained through questing on medium armor with shields.

The thought is to purchase weapon proficiences for said toon, doing so would add uniqueness to each toon. For example an operative/smuggler or sentinal/marauder can carry a shield, a scoundrel and powertech could invest in an assault cannon proficieny and the list goes on.

Yes this might take a moderate amount of work on terms of the programers and saying about 750 coins wouldn't bee a stretch but it is doable.

Yeah, that's all this game needs - is Sents/Maras with shield generators to make them immortal in warzones. Don't think so.

Maybe as a Legacy skill for PvE only.

Edited by ELECTRICJUDGMENT