The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Personal story and companion services

I'd like to suggest two paid services. Both are available only for maxed characters (either 50 or 55 if RotHC is live).

1. Character class story reset.

This feature should be popular among those who want to refresh class stories in their minds, make different decisions, experience different endings, use missed opportunities for cool screenshots and so on.

2. Companion killing/dismissal.

I bet many players would love to dispose of hated Skadge, Quinn, or whatever. This is how i think it can be implemented:

By buying this feature you unlock a special cutscene with any of your companions, during which you can kill him (dark side) or dismiss him (light side). Once the deed is done, you can go to your faction's respective fleet and ask the guys in charge for a replacement. Replacement - an Empire/Republic officer of the same combat role as your previous companion was - is provided to your disposal. The officer has a randomly generated name, appearance and has no companion quests apart from an introductory one (where he says hi, i'm happy to serve, blah blah).

This feature works only for one companion at a time, meaning that if you have already killed/dismissed someone, you can't do it again with others.

Also, if you want to revert the change and get your old companion back, you can buy a class story reset and acquire him once more while redoing your story.

Edited by Trollokdamus

Agree with everything in OP - except for the replacement options after dismissing/killing a companion. Frankly I'd rather have a droid than a Imp with a stick up his butt and I think it would be more suited to the kind of 'vanilla' replacement you're talking about.

Alternatively it could be one of the unused or lesser used alien species that doesn't speak basic.

If people are warned they're going to kill a companion, they don't need a replacement. I want to kill some companions, but I don't want a replacement. Let's just say you have an unexpected ally like Gault, or a betrayal like Quinn, you should have the option to kill them, with a warning message telling you the it's permanent. And at max level you should have an option to fight and kill your companion. If people get bored with endgame and hate a companion like Skadge, this would give them something to do.

If people are warned they're going to kill a companion, they don't need a replacement.

I could just as happily live with that too. Bit harder to make money off of on the CM, maybe.

So heck, why not just put some mercenaries-for-hire up on the CM? Add some mechanic whereby, in order to recruit them, you have to replace an existing crew member. The new merc then assumes that companion's combat role and crew skill bonuses. New additions to the merc line-up could be made with every cycle of CM releases (or whatever). To prevent story-line issues, the mercs might have to be restricted to lvl 50 characters or they can only replace a companion who's story has been completed (i.e you've received the unlock in your legacy)

There still might be an issue on those quests where companions have some dialogue as well - hence my earlier suggestion to use non-basic speaking races. It'll save having to do a lot of new Voice-Over work*.

*then again, if they wanted to put in the work, it might be a selling point.

Edited by ArenRakescar