The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Current Consensus on 1.6 Powertech Full Tank PvP Setup?

rpeplins

Good morning all,

I'm brushing off my 31 point Shield Tech Powertech and getting him geared up in PvP. I'm still in my old 1/2 War Hero and 1/2 BM gear, so my immediate goal is to get to full WH. It breaks my heart a little to think of how hard I worked for that War Hero gear just a few short patches ago.

I'm not really interested in re-speccing him into another build, I'd like to keep it a full Shield Tech build.

What I'm wondering is what is the current consensus for this full Shield Tech build. What should your targets be for Shield, Absorb, Defense, Crit, Surge, HP, Expertise, etc?

DPS is all fine and good, but I am more interested in the tanky MPS, TTK, harassment, protection role. I like balanced setups for flexibility, not sacrificing lots for specialization.

So if this was you, and you were keeping a full Shield Tech build, what would be your gearing choices for War Hero gear and augments? From playing around with AMR, a full set of supercommando results in some pretty high shield and absorb numbers, which may not be fantastic in the current PvP landscape. And overall, not that much of a boost in total HP. Should fortitude augments be my only augments?

Anyway, thanks for reading,

-R

Good morning all,

I'm brushing off my 31 point Shield Tech Powertech and getting him geared up in PvP. I'm still in my old 1/2 War Hero and 1/2 BM gear, so my immediate goal is to get to full WH. It breaks my heart a little to think of how hard I worked for that War Hero gear just a few short patches ago.

I'm not really interested in re-speccing him into another build, I'd like to keep it a full Shield Tech build.

What I'm wondering is what is the current consensus for this full Shield Tech build. What should your targets be for Shield, Absorb, Defense, Crit, Surge, HP, Expertise, etc?

DPS is all fine and good, but I am more interested in the tanky MPS, TTK, harassment, protection role. I like balanced setups for flexibility, not sacrificing lots for specialization.

So if this was you, and you were keeping a full Shield Tech build, what would be your gearing choices for War Hero gear and augments? From playing around with AMR, a full set of supercommando results in some pretty high shield and absorb numbers, which may not be fantastic in the current PvP landscape. And overall, not that much of a boost in total HP. Should fortitude augments be my only augments?

Anyway, thanks for reading,

-R

I would avoid all tanking stats and stack endurance, aim, power, surge, and crit. Tanking stats are almost useless in pvp as the best abilities are usually yellow damage. Full tanks in pvp are very ineffective, because their job is to provide an extra health pool for the healers, not tank direct damage from players. That is why endurance is most important, followed by offensive stats so you hit a little more than a wet noodle. Huttball is different, though. Stacking endurance and tank stats would be better, but for everything else, go endurance and offensive stats.

Edited by bbare