The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Biochem unlock for non-biochem use

dscount

The ability to UNLOCK the reusable STIM, ADRENO and MED Packs on characters that don't have BIOCHEM 400.

The option to have/use the Rakata Reusable items on toons that are NOT Level 400 Biochem.

• Make it a Character and Account Wide unlock feature for maximum profit potential.
  • Crafting 30+ Adreno's and a dozen med-packs for each RAID is a little time consuming.
  • Prices for STIM/ADRENO/MED packs are pretty much crap on most servers and no real profit for Biochems today.

Edited by dscount

does this not fall under Pay to Win? instead of putting in the time and effort to level biochem, you just buy an unlock to get the benefit of the best stims/medpacs/adrenals.

Exactly what I was about to post. Too close to P2W for my liking.

Good Point! I didn't think about that from a P2W approach, I agree that might not work then.

Maybe it should be tailored to require level 400 of ANY craft plus the unlock? Thats more like it...

The idea was that Non-Biochem's can't use the reusable Adreno/Stim/Med today.

Good Point! I didn't think about that from a P2W approach, I agree that might not work then.

Maybe it should be tailored to require level 400 of ANY craft plus the unlock? Thats more like it...

That doesn't really change anything. Still too close to pay to win.

Then folks get to have Cybertech reusables and Biochem resusables? :confused:

I don't feel it is pay to win per really its not like those reusables are better than the others. However, it would eat into profits for biochems as once you get the flood of reusables out there no one would have need to buy again.

Dang.. Another good point. I agree as well by LukeSaberRattler!

Anything in Cartel Store not obtainable in game is going to be P2W, so i don't know how to get over that hurdle. I don't mind paying to unlock the ability, but still want to earn it w/o losing all my Schems or already maxed out crafting skill points.

Okay. Amendment #2 - Ability to unlock 2nd CRAFTING Skill on specific Characters. So my Artifice Main can have Biochem skill just to level up and make the rakata ones for himself.

Edited by dscount

The problem is that with crafting BW need to decide to either give benefits to crafters or not.

All crafts other than Biochem have basically no benefit currently. (Cybertech is the only one that comes close but just no.)

IF crafting should have a benefit - give each craft a unique reusable / upgrade mechanic.

IF it shouldn't. Bring in a higher tier of boosters now and increase the amount gained from crafting with the mats urgently.

A temp solution would be to allow a second crafting profession - split off Gathering professions and crafting professions into different crew areas.

The problem is that with crafting BW need to decide to either give benefits to crafters or not.

All crafts other than Biochem have basically no benefit currently. (Cybertech is the only one that comes close but just no.)

IF crafting should have a benefit - give each craft a unique reusable / upgrade mechanic.

IF it shouldn't. Bring in a higher tier of boosters now and increase the amount gained from crafting with the mats urgently.

A temp solution would be to allow a second crafting profession - split off Gathering professions and crafting professions into different crew areas.

I agree. it's a bit of a catch 22 for everyone. Maybe some sort of happy ground can be found that benefits everyone. That's what I'm looking for here. Ability added that doesn't exist today that doesn't hose Biochems and helps non-biochems. If BW can make money in the process.. well its more likely to happen then. :D