Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

What's going to happen to our End Game Gear?

Graydon

I disagree. The end gear from Makeb should be level 55, that makes it about equal to Columi gear. That means that after Makeb people can go straight into HM Flashpoints for comms and Ops for Rakata and Dread Guard rather than needing to gear up before starting the ops. It also means that the free players who don't buy Makeb can stay competitive by gearing up in HM FPs and SM Ops and join people who have bought Makeb. What they will be blocked from is the new tier of Ops that will probably give 65 gear as that will probably need you to be level 55.

The problem with that is, that those players would have Tionese gear with lvl 55 abilities and base stats. Effectively, they'd be comparable to a lvl 50 player in Dreadguard anyway, and progressing their gear through Rakata and Dreadguard would be a joke. Once they obtain that, lvl 50 players would again be 5 levels behind. So yes, the gear at the end of Makeb's storyline, just before the player moves to lvl 55 HM's and Operations will be pretty comparable to the Dreadguard gear. You'll be replacing your Dreadguard outfit in the first lvl 55 HMs and Operations. Very probably already in the final storymode flashpoint of the planet.

The problem with that is, that those players would have Tionese gear with lvl 55 abilities and base stats.

Base stats do not increase that much, the vast majority of the stats on a character comes from gear. The only thing they would need to deal with is the level difference and that can be handled by altering the formula slightly to flatten the curve. A level 55 in Tinoese will not have stats that much greater than a level 50 in Tionese.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

so, what the OP wants, is that the curren 63 gear, is gonna be just as good as the new top end gear for lvl55?? how is that even fair?? Ofc the gear for the new lvl cap has to be better, why else would you even bother buying the expansion if ur not gonna lvl ur char to 55 and get better gear??

Because most people aren't into hampster wheel gear grinds.

I'm guessing we'll see a 65 tier gear with this. So 63 gear will still be what you want to wear while you're tackling the new content. No way would quest rewards or random drops equal 63.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but

-Dread Guard gear is roughly level 63

-Campaign/BH gear is roughly level 61

-Rakata gear is roughly level 58

-Columi gear is roughly level 56

-Tionesse gear is roughly level 51

The strongest case to support this is Tionesse, which has only a minimal increase from the same armoring but set at level 50 (artifact quality obvioulsy).

There for, it is unlikely the any blue or greens will exceed Columi. This is good because casual players who may not have anything beyone Tionesse can do the content, while those that grinded their way to Rakata even can breeze through due to their gear being superior

Three things:

3) If you are spending millions on 27 mods then you need to give serious thought to the efficiency of how you are gearing. You can then easily farm BH and WZ comms to purchase WH and BH gear that you can then put in your legacy set and send to your alts to reverse engineer..

Crafting and making my own millions is way quicker than this.

So, let's say you level a new alt after Makeb is released. You work it all the way to lvl 55, and then you have to go a notch down and do lvl 50 content to become viable to do the lvl 55 end-game content? Sorry, but I really have my doubts about that.

Base stats do not increase that much, the vast majority of the stats on a character comes from gear. The only thing they would need to deal with is the level difference and that can be handled by altering the formula slightly to flatten the curve. A level 55 in Tinoese will not have stats that much greater than a level 50 in Tionese.

The 5 points in your skill tree will make a world of difference, even if the new top of the tree skills aren't significant.

So, let's say you level a new alt after Makeb is released. You work it all the way to lvl 55, and then you have to go a notch down and do lvl 50 content to become viable to do the lvl 55 end-game content? Sorry, but I really have my doubts about that.

They aren't going to let their flashpoints become obsolete at this stage. They will scale them up. Repeatable story content isn't going to be thrown away by EA.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.