The common misconception about Expertise:

Megatfx

you need a lot more data. like, 10 times this data.

what did you do, hit on each other for 15s and call it a test? i certainly hope that cut/paste from the parse was just a small segment. especially since he got an extra hit on you, even tho you said you each hit each other the same number of times

You need only 50 points statistically to be within 3 standard deviations.

Edited by Yeochins

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Little full of yourself, but good info. I will definitely think on this.

"for people who don't know about this and to stroke my own ego =P"

Found this in your guide. Little full of yourself, but good info.

Edited by Megatfx

"for people who don't know about this and to stroke my own ego =P"

Found this in your guide. Little full of yourself, but good info.

Takes one to know one ^^

I don't claim to have been the only one to have done that though. You were better just acknowledging the fact that if others had done it they hadn't exactly fallen over themselves publishing results.

Takes one to know one ^^

I don't claim to have been the only one to have done that though. You were better just acknowledging the fact that if others had done it they hadn't exactly fallen over themselves publishing results.

Who can't help but gloat a little when a bunch of "scientists" have just been proven incorrect. I'm just a normal guy in the military.

Edited by Megatfx

Who can't help but gloat a little when a bunch of "scientists" have just been proven incorrect. I'm just a normal guy in the military.

Except you didn't disprove the "scientists". You more or less verified the people who took the data and then drew conclusions about it (getting significantly over 1200 expertise does not provide a marked benefit), and disproved the people who drew very wrong conclusions about it (1200ish expertise with PVE mods is significantly better than 1396).

Hate to tell you, but taking a hypothesis and holding it up to experimentation is basically the heart of science, so welcome to the club. People who complain about your methodology aren't necessarily just being petty btw. That's usually the next step. You present your data and your conclusions, everyone else tries to find ways your conclusions could be mistaken. The more objections that are raised and then laid to rest the better you can feel about your findings. Its when stuff is taken at face value you should start worrying.

Anyway, keep in mind that things have changed slightly. The argument of using PVE armorings comes from when you flat out couldn't get unslotted PVP armorings to put in belt/bracers. At that point you were giving up 40 expertise for 32 mainstat and about 20 endurance (I forget how much endurance are on the 61 PVE armorings tbh). Things like that. Also power crystals used to be much easier to get than expertise crystals which could only be found in PVP weapons which cost 3475 ranked commendations.

The dynamic has changed now obviously. Now getting full 63 armorings is actually very cheap and easy, especially if you're using PVE shells for their bonuses, and the war hero versions of the cartel crystals are among some of the cheapest.

I myself am using two PVE armorings in one of my sets and two PVE crystals. In one case it's because I don't want to pay for a War Hero purple crystal for my lightsaber, in the case of my armorings I wanted to keep my PVE set bonus without an ugly tionese shell.

Based on your tests it looks like I can continue to do pretty well, though I'm definitely leaning towards at least putting back my expertise crystal in the offhand (I never got rid of it for just such a reason).

I would be interested in more testing via the healing thing. Your healers may be experiencing a placebo effect though your anecdotes seem to indicate they didn't know about the expertise upgrade, and it may be that an increase in expertise significantly improves the amount of healing you have received which is something I don't think has been given a lot of thought.

Anything is better than another nerf <thing> thread though to be honest, so thanks again for the info, both here and in the other thread.

That why your probably just a guy in the military if you cant tell a real scientists from a guys posting on a forum.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.