Molecular Stabilizers!!! (READ IF YOU SELL THEM!!)

Cowabung

Listen my fellow hero's and heroine's!!

The price of Molecular Stabilizers is falling too fast... Especially on my servor... The Red Eclipse...

Right now on my servor they sell for 140,000 Credits each, when just a few weeks ago they were selling for 170-180k each...

Since Credits are so easy to obtain, it should'nt matter if the price increases by a few thousand of credits... We Molecular Stabilizer sellers/farmers need to make a stand!! If we all increase our prices especially on the GTN we can make a difference and gain more profit!! Before long, Molecular Stabilizers will be worthless... We can't let the price fall below 100,000 credits or even 150,000 credits... You have no excuse not too, if we all try and put our prices up the price will go up too!! There's nothing to lose!!

Stabs are now cheap / easy to obtain.

Elite War Hero armor now cost regular wz comms. You can farm enough comms in a few hours to buy a pair of gloves. Pull the mods, and a cybertech can get 2-4 stabs.

Much, much faster than farming blackhole comms and then pulling those mods.

As such... the cost has come down. It should fall below 100k by summer.

Live with it.

1) There are actually a few very easy ways to get molecular stabilizers. Wouldn't be that hard to get 4 to 8 of them a day.

2) the more people that discover the easy method, the more stabilizers there will be, the lower people will list them on the GTN (so that they actually sell vs all the ones other people post).

3) if the price on your server is going down, that means people aren't buying up the cheaply listed ones as quickly as they used to. Supply vs Demand, seems like the supply on your server has gone up and demand may have gone down since the dedicated have started getting their own stabilizers instead of buying them.

If you want to set the price a certain way and credits are so easy, then buyout any on the GTN below your price and resell them higher #StockMarket

He can of course do that, but he also runs the risk of having a bunch of stabilizers that he cannot sell unless he lowers his prices when people keep coming to the market to undercut him. He can't really set the price until he controls how many hit the market.

More people found out about 'easy credits' = more sellers undercutting the competition. It's a normal thing in free market economy. What you try to do[setting the price] here just doesn't work, because there's no union between every seller and we're certainly not a hivemind(or a country which has tools to steer the economy in their direction). 'Go ahead and charge more. I will charge less and make profit.' Edited by MelodicSixNine

Economics is for chumps. Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Forum Goers. Your sad devotion to that ancient Jedi religion of Economics has not helped you conjure up the Advanced Might Hilt 27 schematic, or given you enough clairvoyance to find the missing Cartel Coins...

Everyone should raise the price like the OP said. It will totally work.

While I don't deal in Molecular Stabilizers, personally, I have noticed that people have a nasty habit of undercutting with way too large margins. I know from experience that undercutting by a single credit tends to be enough to get your merchandise sold within minutes, but people will sometimes lower the price by over a thousand credits.

Since I started crafting them, the price for an Augmentation Kit MK-6 has gone down from 50k to below 34k a piece.

Edited by JediMB

He can of course do that, but he also runs the risk of having a bunch of stabilizers that he cannot sell unless he lowers his prices when people keep coming to the market to undercut him. He can't really set the price until he controls how many hit the market.

That was essentially my point. He's not going to get everyone agree to this scam with him. The only way to control the market would be for him to create a monopoly by buying out all the competition.

While I don't deal in Molecular Stabilizers, personally, I have noticed that people have a nasty habit of undercutting with way too large margins. I know from experience that undercutting by a single credit tends to be enough to get your merchandise sold within minutes, but people will sometimes lower the price by over a thousand credits.

Since I started crafting them, the price for an Augmentation Kit MK-6 has gone down from 50k to below 34k a piece.

A lot of it as posted.Supply and demand.Remember when War Hero gear went to just regular War Zone comms.It spiked for awhile. Also what someone sells them for is their business.It is their product.

Ever heard of supply and demand?

He probably has. The question is, has he heard of cartels (the economic version) and did he actually know that he was asking to create one.

Also free market. If I am happy with the price that I will get by undercutting higher prices and selling my wares faster, that is my business.

...and see this guy also seems to know about both supply and demand, and cartels. He also knows that he can make some bank by refusing to join the cartel. Of course, in the real world, defying a cartel can be bad for business (and sometimes your health). Since SWTOR doesn't have a way of strongly enforcing a cartel, people like this have a chance to profit in spite of cartels. Of course, since SWTOR is in a weird sort of equilibrium between soaring inflation (even wildlife carries free gold!) and free-fall deflation (money spent on education and repairs falls into the void, never to be seen again), the cartel can still make some profit off of him...

...then buyout any on the GTN below your price and resell them higher #StockMarket

It works. Since the cartel is supposedly working to control the market, you'd naturally want to buy any resources selling for less than the cartel's price.

Of course... there is just one problem with the cartel idea. You can't really enforce profit sharing, and you can't really enforce price setting. So, some individual in the cartel has to take on the risk of buying up the resources. Now, everyone else profits while one person takes on the risk. How long will it be before that person who took the risk will decide to sell them back at 1 credit less than the cartel?

Edited by Malastare

He probably has. The question is, has he heard of cartels (the economic version) and did he actually know that he was asking to create one.

...and see this guy also seems to know about both supply and demand, and cartels. He also knows that he can make some bank by refusing to join the cartel. Of course, in the real world, defying a cartel can be bad for business (and sometimes your health). Since SWTOR doesn't have a way of strongly enforcing a cartel, people like this have a chance to profit in spite of cartels. Of course, since SWTOR is in a weird sort of equilibrium between soaring inflation (even wildlife carries free gold!) and free-fall deflation (money spent on education and repairs falls into the void, never to be seen again), the cartel can still make some profit off of him...

It works. Since the cartel is supposedly working to control the market, you'd naturally want to buy any resources selling for less than the cartel's price.

Of course... there is just one problem with the cartel idea. You can't really enforce profit sharing, and you can't really enforce price setting. So, some individual in the cartel has to take on the risk of buying up the resources. Now, everyone else profits while one person takes on the risk. How long will it be before that person who took the risk will decide to sell them back at 1 credit less than the cartel?

Instead of calling them credits they should rename them Lira.It would be more appropriate.

That was essentially my point. He's not going to get everyone agree to this scam with him. The only way to control the market would be for him to create a monopoly by buying out all the competition.

And seeing as resources are.infinite in game that would be impossible to do without somehow convincing everyone to do the same. Just so there's no confusion I am agreeing with you and just reinforcing your point.