Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

hk-51 component detected but no location shown?

Kastchey

I watched the video and when he found the component there's a yellow location marker , I've found it now 3 times and haven't gotten the marker . Is something wrong with my settings or something?

So you detected it within a 2m radius for the pop and nothing?

Edited by Urantia

the detection range is 25 meters according to the tooltip. It says component detected but no vertical yellow light shows(like in the video) to show me where the component was detected. I've tried doing the extraction at the same place where the initial detection was and I get the "no component within 2 m"

The marker doesn't appear at 25m.

Once you have the 25m notice you've got yourself an area to search. Move, try again. You're looking for a reduction in that 25m.

It's not until you're within 2m that the marker will actually appear and allow you to get the item.

The 25m is the maximum scan range - once you've got that it's just a matter of zeroing in.

The marker doesn't appear at 25m.

Once you have the 25m notice you've got yourself an area to search. Move, try again. You're looking for a reduction in that 25m.

It's not until you're within 2m that the marker will actually appear and allow you to get the item.

The 25m is the maximum scan range - once you've got that it's just a matter of zeroing in.

This.

As Stoofa pointed out {and I apologize if I was not clear/did not understand exactly what you meant [never saw a video sorry]}. When you set out to scan it is highly likely you will get the message "No components detected in range" so you keep trying keeping in mind that the device has a 25m scan range/radius.

As you proceed and get close you will likely get a "Component detected within 25m". It is then up to you to try and narrow down this 25m to 2m. Once you have detected it within 2m you will hear a loud jolt/pop and see a yellow spire of light. This is your component. I hope this is more clear. As above...you, and anyone else near by has a limited time to take the part.

**while less likely...it is possible to guess well and land withing the 2m radius on a first attempt {had it happen a few time on various toons}**

Edited by Urantia

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.