Prioritizing Blade Rush during Zen

Mitthrawdo

Regarding the Combat spec , has anyone looked into how Blade Rush's priority should change in a Zen phase? When Zen is active, Blade Rush's DPCT goes up by 50%, and its DPF goes up by 100%. (1.5s to 1s cooldown, 2 focus cost to 1 focus cost after the Focused Slash refund.) Also, not using up a Zen charge delays re-building centering and activating Zen again. It is conceivable that the optimal way to play involves using nothing but Blade Rush while Zen is up, but I haven't found anything about this issue any any of the guides.

Essentially, yes. During Zen you want to use all your charges as quickly as possible UNLESS you Precision Slash comes off CD in the same window, in which case you would go PS > Blade Storm > Blade Rush spam.

Well as long as your combat trance is up which I'm sure you meant. So PS>BR>BS>BR spam... or BR before PS obviously.

But anyway, yeah I try to spam through my zen BRs as fast as possible while throwing in storm if up. Unless master strike and zen happen to come up at once I might pop zen>BR>PS>MS>BS>BR spam just to get MS on CD and get it and BS in the PS phase. If in pve pop an adrenal and relic if you got one before that and you are doing an unbelievable amount of damage.