Please make the Czerka CR-17 Incendia account wide

DaForceiswithme

Paying 18 dollars for a speeder that is not account wide is pretty insane. I'm hoping this is just an oversight and that this will get fixed in the near future. In the beginning you paid 20 dollars for the deluxe version of the game and got a speeder along with other things. For making a friend pay 15 dollars you will get a different speeder that is account wide.

I know people may say that this is to make more money but i think more people would buy this if they know its not tied to one toon. They would probably see a lot more vaule in this item. Really think you would come out ahead making this change.

Thanks

Farm some credits and buy it from the GTN?

Seriously, it's just a vanity-item, not a MUST-HAVE-OR-I-DIE. If you want it, pay for it.

No one is arguing that it is a must have item. I am just pointing out that other things of the same quality showed a much better value then this speeder. Also i think that EA would make more money on this if its account wide.

I'm not saying every speeder in the market needs to do this. if you want to have the ones that come with the gamble being toon specific then that is fine with anyone cause it is so cheap. My point is if you spend 20 dollars on something it should apply to all of your toons or you should be able to trade them back and forth with your toons.

By that logic all those gear-sets that cost roughly the same as the speeder should be legacy-bound aswell?

Yes, why not?

You should be able to trade these between toons if they are that much money. Also i don't know anyone that can stand looking at the same look for every toon they play on so eventually they will probably get tired of it and buy a different one. Another point is the mod switching out between toons would get pretty expensive to keep switching so it may not be as piratical and they would just buy another or a different set. Also a lot of people on the fence would probably buy. We already have Legacy armor for in game credits that work out to be cheaper then the cartel armor and does the same function you just described.

We are getting a whole expansion for around 20 dollars if you are F2P should they make you buy that for each toon?

I have my imp-trooper-armor since i'm lvl 40ish, never got bored of looking at it :p

To the point: You can get pretty much everything from the cartel-shop from the GTN too. Just gotta farm some credits and you can safe your RL-money.

I understand your point. I was just saying that if you put value in your market a lot more people would just pay the money instead of farming. As someone that wants to see the game grow more and add better content I would prefer more people spending their RL money. Maybe it doesn't really matter and EA would just pocket it anyway instead of putting resources in the game.

Who knows.

Paying 18 dollars for a speeder that is not account wide is pretty insane. I'm hoping this is just an oversight and that this will get fixed in the near future. In the beginning you paid 20 dollars for the deluxe version of the game and got a speeder along with other things. For making a friend pay 15 dollars you will get a different speeder that is account wide.

I know people may say that this is to make more money but i think more people would buy this if they know its not tied to one toon. They would probably see a lot more vaule in this item. Really think you would come out ahead making this change.

Thanks

why pay real money or credits for something useless? speeder has same stats as speeder for 10k credits...

its for ppl who are so strange and need something special, like in real live, dumb celebrities ...

why pay real money or credits for something useless? speeder has same stats as speeder for 10k credits...

its for ppl who are so strange and need something special, like in real live, dumb celebrities ...

Some people like to collect things. There are people in LOTRO who collect mounts, including store mounts. Those mounts, too, aren't account wide. People still buy them. Why? Cause some like to collect stuff. Not surprised that the same happens in SWTOR.

Besides, everybody spends real money for effectively useless things all the time. Do you need that iPhone? No. Do you need that tablet? No. Do you need that mp3 player or that digital camera? No, you don't. Do we need SWTOR? Realistically speaking, no, we don't. But people want such things, for whatever reason, and it's their money after all. They can do with it whatever they want. It's for people with disposable income and part of a free market. Simple as that.

Welcome to the free market and civilization. We can spend money on things we don't need. What a concept!

Edited by Diefenbaker

By that logic all those gear-sets that cost roughly the same as the speeder should be legacy-bound aswell?

It probably should be.

If you look at ANYTHING on the SWTOR Cashshop and then compare it so something similar on any competitor MMORPGs Cashshop SWTOR is much, much, much more expensive (sometimes "just" 50% sometimes over 1000% :eek:).

SWTORs Cashsop is extortionately expensive. :(

Idea to please everyone. The character you buy the speeder on has it BoE, all other existing characters get a bound version of the speeder. This way the person can only sell one if he/she pleases but still gets the speeder on all other toons without having the advantage of making lots of credits.

Also 2400 cartel coins for account wide, 1200 for one character(1800 is too much anyway)

Edited by iimagiicii

While I'm all for the concept of account-wide mounts a la WoW, I'm almost certain it's not going to happen. I'm not going to bother buying, well, anything classified as 'stuff' off the CM, it's simply not worth it. I accrue monthly coins, and it's possible something may yet appeal to me enough to justify a purchase...someday. But for now, there's no point, especially if it's something I might be able to purchase off of the GTN. I'd keep my eyes open there, and use credits on the offchance that someone's willing to sell what you want.

Personally I could not care less, even if the vehicle looks cool and all, it is so slow it just looks stupid. Mostly all "speeders" in this game looks silly because of how slow they are.

I just don't get why they are so slow, why do they not run as fast as the taxi service, that is how speeders are supposed to be. To even have a pod racer in the game that only has a max speed of 110% of running speed is just idiotic.

It's selling for less than the hover chair on Jung Ma GTM.

That's because it's a direct guaranteed buy rather than a pack gamble. Also, it's GTN (Galactic Trade Network. I see GTM a lot. What do people think the M stands for? I'm curious.)

I do not buy armor or vehicles with coins. They are far too expensive to be used on only one character. Sparkle ponies and sky lions are 25 bucks but you get them on every single character you have and ever create. Pets are 10 in that game, and the same thing.

When the option to purchase an account wide speeder is put on the Market I may consider it, I like the look of the Czerka one a lot. Until then, I will make other players very rich in game and spend my millions of credits there.

TAlso, it's GTN (Galactic Trade Network. I see GTM a lot. What do people think the M stands for? I'm curious.)

When the option to purchase an account wide speeder is put on the Market I may consider it,......

You answered your own question :p

Just had a look at red eclipse, 20 of them speeders on the GTN, for ca. 1 - 1,5 million creds.

i have a cheaper solution that would only cost $15 for a level 3 speeder with knockdown resistance.

have your account send a "refer a friend" code to an account you create, and then pay for a sub for one month on that account and abra kadabra, you have the Kurtob Alliance Speeder on all characters for only one month's sub.

I agree with OP. Every thing you buy in the Cartel Market should be free to every character on your legacy. Also, Every item i find in a pack should be copied to every character on my Legacy as well. so BOOM like 16 Revan masks if i find one.

what could possibly go wrong? :D

I don't honestly mind the price but what I'd really like to see is the release of cybertech crafting schematics for "speeder armor" that allows you to upgrade your chosen speeder armor (operating like augment kits with different kit tiers permitting more powerful armor kits). That way people could upgrade the speeder of their choice to have the best armor possible.

It'd just be a nice gesture to giving crafting some value again. I wouldn't mind if they made the schematic available for a steep price at your crew skill trainer (though more reasonable than the infamous heroic ship part prices) or the kits directly available in the CM. You might not make a fortune selling kits on the GTN but at least crafters would have the satisfaction of being able to build stuff for their own characters.

I have bought the speeder for 1.1 mio Credits today. Thats not that expensive i think.

Oh... you didn't know that you do not need to buy anything on the cm? So here it ist just for you:

Everything from the CM gets sold on the GTN.

There is no need to thank me, just spread the word =)