Arsenal Merc to Pyro Merc?

LeatherneckJedi

Your PPA gets procced but Unload is on CD still for 15 seconds, Barrage Gives unload a 6 second CD and is by far the hardest hitter over TM... Lets not forget the utility that Arsenal brings in place over Pyro (don't get me wrong, I love pyro i have a vanguard, merely defending arsenal).

Power Barrier grants a 5% damage reduction, Sure, Trace Lock can add DPS, but its great for a instant Healing scan, quickly LoS, pop some heals. An Armour Debuff which supports an entire team, 70% snare on unload (this sucks when I play one of my melee classes), 4 second root on rocket punch, Longer knock back.

With the 2 piece eliminator you get 5 seconds off jet boost, making it 20 seconds, Stack this with the PvE 2 piece and you also get 15% crit chance on TM.

BTW, I think you mean your scrambling. Arsenal is a far more "difficult" spec in my mind. By that i mean it requires you to perceive whats going on and situationaly plan out your next move... Your last sentence makes you sound like you had a bad experience with Arsenal when you were a child...

Barrage is insanely easy to interrupt and any sane enemy is looking out because they know it's dangerous.

I think *you're* scrambling to justify how the single worst PVP spec in the game isn't the worst somehow.

Other than HSM, Railshot (if possible, which it often isn't), and ED, you have no instant damage. HSM and ED are on 15s CDs. If you're under any pressure at all, your DPS drops to near zero. There's just no getting around that fact.

I would never even *think* about spec'ing Arsenal on my Merc in PVP, because I know, from all of my other classes, on which I hunt Arsenal Mercs as free kills, that they're just too easy to dominate, and have far too few options to prevent it.

It's nice that you like the Arsenal spec and all, but that doesn't change reality. Arsenal, more than any other spec in the game, wilts under pressure. Everyone knows this. Everyone knows Arsenal can't do anything about. Ergo, they pressure Arsenal players to turn an 8v8 WZ into an 8v7 WZ with one punching bag.

Barrage is insanely easy to interrupt and any sane enemy is looking out because they know it's dangerous.

I think *you're* scrambling to justify how the single worst PVP spec in the game isn't the worst somehow.

Other than HSM, Railshot (if possible, which it often isn't), and ED, you have no instant damage. HSM and ED are on 15s CDs. If you're under any pressure at all, your DPS drops to near zero. There's just no getting around that fact.

I would never even *think* about spec'ing Arsenal on my Merc in PVP, because I know, from all of my other classes, on which I hunt Arsenal Mercs as free kills, that they're just too easy to dominate, and have far too few options to prevent it.

It's nice that you like the Arsenal spec and all, but that doesn't change reality. Arsenal, more than any other spec in the game, wilts under pressure. Everyone knows this. Everyone knows Arsenal can't do anything about. Ergo, they pressure Arsenal players to turn an 8v8 WZ into an 8v7 WZ with one punching bag.

when im on my merc there is no such thing as a free kill. :p