The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Make being a subscriber worth it.

forcedarkness

Many of you play SWTOR and love it like I do but one thing that really bugs me is that is there really a point to remain a paying subscriber. Sure you get a monthly amount of cartel coins but you can just pay to be a preffered player and buy more cartel coins cheaper than the cost of staying a subscriber. Also theres no difference in ability or strenght between free to play and subscriber, the level cap is the same, the equipment is the same, the story is the same, the only difference is flashpoints and war zones. I am just saying Bio ware i've loved every game you guys make. But try to make it worth staying a subscriber. Some ideas are make more story and raise the level gap for the subscribers and add another subclass for example sith inquisitors could go to sorcerer then maybe at level 50 go to a sith force master and let it last for 20 or so levels and make the story about what happened to the exile. Theres so much this game can do dont let us down. Edited by forcedarkness
got lucas arts and bioware mixed up

Many of you play SWTOR and love like I do but one thing that really bugs me is that is there really a point to remain a paying subscriber. Sure you get a monthly amount of cartel coins but you can just pay to be a preffered player and buy more cartel coins cheaper than the cost of staying a subscriber.

Um, you do know that to get everything a subscriber has (including unlimited access to wzs and ops) you would end up paying more, right? Let alone the fact that if you are a preferred status plays you (most likely) don't like spending money on the game. And I'm not even going to mention the things you get as a subscribers (like no cap on credits).

Also theres no difference in ability or strenght between free to play and subscriber

and there shouldn't be.

the level cap is the same, the equipment is the same, the story is the same, the only difference is flashpoints and war zones.

Right. You do realize that this is what F2P games offer right? If they didn't get the same gear, didn't have the same level and didn't get as powerful as the rest of us, who in their right mind would ever run a FP or even do a daily with a F2P player when they'd be so horribly undergeared/underleveled/underpowered?

I am just saying lucas arts i've loved every game you guys make.

Bioware, dude.

This is not Battlefront or Starfighter.

But try to make it worth staying a subscriber. Some ideas are make more story and raise the level gap for the subscribers and add another subclass for example sith inquisitors could go to sorcerer then maybe at level 50 go to a sith force master and let it last for 20 or so levels and make the story about what happened to the exile. Theres so much this game can do dont let us down.

There will be a continuation of our class stories once a proper expansion is released.

For now, we get a continuation of the world story (+5 more levels and new abilities) when Rise of the Hutt Cartel comes. Adding subclasses is something that requires much more time and testing than you might think. For now, enjoy the game as it is.

Free to Play = a REALLY big game trial account. Before, games offered you a weekend or a few levels of play to entice you to their games. Now, they offer "Free-to-Play", in which you can play some of the game, completely free! All class and world quests are available to you, right up to maximum level!

Now, if you want more than what they offer in F2P, you have to pay. Want to run group content? You have to pay. Want to PvP? You have to pay. More character Slots? More storage room? Bigger cargo hold? A nice outfit? A chat box you can use more than once every 5 minutes? Legal tender needs to be exchanged!

Break out your wallet son, you gots to pay for those privileges! Now, either you can pay out hundreds of dollars to unlock these features / keep them unlocked, or you can pay a subscription price of 15$ a month to have almost ALL of these features unlocked for you (there's still a few we subscribers have to pay for as well, or just save up our cartel points to do so).

15$. Cheaper than most magazine subscriptions these days. Cheaper than the cost of maintaining your mobile device. Cheaper than your grandparents who only send you 20$ on your birthday, because its the smallest bill the bank machines spit out.

I fail to see the grounds for your complaints.

Spend the money to buy the cartel coins needed to unlock all subscriber features, and keep them unlocked. Much cheaper to subscribe, by a LONG shot.

I would suggest brushing up on your math skills.

I am just saying lucas arts i've loved every game you guys make.

Forget the math skills, do you even know where you are right now?

Edited by CaptRavenous

I don't get this whole "boo hoo the F2P model is BS" seriously.

in wow you get till lv20 and then boom pay for the rest, but no ppl always ill complain, this game wasn't supposed to be F2P so stop whining, yeah we (subscribbers) coudl get some real discount on expansions, or pre orderers, more than a title, and a holo, i'm fine with the pet,, but seriously a title and a holo??

i was hoping for a living mount or something more like a price, something unic, not a title and a holo, FFS.