1990 dps: NiMFirebrand and Stormcaller

WiththeForc

Not everyone in the raid will lose a buff call "annihilator" however, which is my point here..

Also the kick is a natural followthrough to force charge. Rather nice.

You missed that. Carnage player?

I see. Well Mr. captain obvious :eek: I think you missed the part where i said i do NOT have a marauder and have NO idea how they work and that is why I was here asking questions about what marauders have specifically that makes the fight good for them. Thanks to your very informative post however, which I appreciate, I now know that anni marauders have this buff called "annihilator". It is actually their 31-pt talent:

Annihilate

Instant

Cooldown: 12s

Range: 4 m

Strikes the target with both lightsabers for 920 - 1200 weapon damage. Each use of this ability grants Annihilator for 15 seconds...

Given the nature of the tanks fight (among other things such as non stop DPS, charge whenever you want, taking damage from SC + CoP for extra rage, etc etc), this relatively short-lasting buff can get a high uptime! I would think Annihilate to work "bad" for certain bosses like Operator or Vorgath? In fights like these do you guys swap to Carnage for better DPS or does it not matter at all?

And to answer your question, yes i am a Carnage player. A level 11 one.

Edited by paowee

whats the rotation you use?

Force charge, Deadly Saber (in the air), Battering Assault, Rupture, Annihilate, Ravage, then Rupture again if Annihilate proc'd it.

After that it's pretty much keeping all your moves on cd, using assault when you need to either save Force charge or both force charge and battering assault are on cd and you need some rage, and vicious slash when you have some excess rage, while also staying conscience of what is happening around you. For instance, in this fight when we go to the adds, I keep my rotation up on the 1st add till he's dead, but since in NiM the second add has that bomb that'll blow up your shield generator if killed, I just spam assault and hit annihilate to keep my stacks up until he's down to about 5% which normally happens with about 5 sec left in the phase. At that point I pop deadly saber and berserk if it's up and as soon as Firebrand stops his mortar volley, I jump back up on Stormcaller and unload on him.

Edited by WiththeForc

I see. Well Mr. captain obvious :eek: I think you missed the part where i said i do NOT have a marauder and have NO idea how they work and that is why I was here asking questions about what marauders have specifically that makes the fight good for them. Thanks to your very informative post however, which I appreciate, I now know that anni marauders have this buff called "annihilator". It is actually their 31-pt talent:

Annihilate

Instant

Cooldown: 12s

Range: 4 m

Strikes the target with both lightsabers for 920 - 1200 weapon damage. Each use of this ability grants Annihilator for 15 seconds...

Given the nature of the tanks fight (among other things such as non stop DPS, charge whenever you want, taking damage from SC + CoP for extra rage, etc etc), this relatively short-lasting buff can get a high uptime! I would think Annihilate to work "bad" for certain bosses like Operator or Vorgath? In fights like these do you guys swap to Carnage for better DPS or does it not matter at all?

And to answer your question, yes i am a Carnage player. A level 11 one.

Used to switch to carnage for some bosses, but gear isn't optimized for it. Now I just have my tricks to keeping it up on most fight.

Ex: whack an add with it on the run etc.

Annihilation rotation is centered around keeping your bleeds up, and keeping that buff up.

Carnage is your straightfoward damage, bit annihilation performs well in the hand of a good player. Its easier to "grab" carnage and hit "correct" dps. Annihilation is much trickier, since there are many rotation breaking mistakes you can make.

If you're talking about the Mortar Volley, then please look at any other Firebrand & Stormcaller parse before you start making accusations.

No not that. The ability %.

Extensive uses of retaliation, and 10% less bleed damage than usual. As far as cost/damage ratio goes, retaliation is a big loss over vicious slash.

Question, why would you stay Watchmen for Operator IX? The whole first half of the fight sucks for Anni unless you manage to squeeze in a hit on an add while running back and forth?

Just simple curiosity here.

was bored, felt like doing something different for a change lol

No need to run, easy target switch, enemies that don't move and mostly NO PAUSE IN DPS.

Thats an annihilation marauder wet dream come true.

There may be a slight delay between the last trandoshan death and going back to the tank, but thats all.

Imo, the sole person you should always drive to beat is yourself.

Really nice sentence there. :)

If you keep tanks warning on Toth's jump 2-3% ahead and have Warriors DPSing Zorn leap to Toth so they avoid Fearful then you may have second dream - Zorn is like big ops dummy for melee and in addition ranged can shoot Toth w/o worrying for his jumps up and down.

I am still having a hard time understanding why people think that standing in the same spot and smashing your buttons means you get to be on any chart anywhere that tells people you are a good player. Rotations and DPS are the easiest things to accomplish because all the hard work is done for you.

What is far more impressive is clearing content efficiently - i.e. title runs.

Thats it folks.