Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Changing Advanced Class

MisterTenchu

Hello everyone, I writed a ticket to Bioware about changing your Advanced Class option for Subscribers, and the droid told me, to write my idea here, so here I am! :D

You can reset your talent points right? So why you can't reset your Advanced Class if you're a Subscriber? It's an MMO guys, not RPG. In WoW you can change your talents (they're like Advanced Class) for 10 gold if I remember good, so maybe here, the Subbers will have it for 10 thousand, and F2P 50 thousand credits (they're F2P, so I think they must pay ;p) Last time i was playin' my new character, I bought for it Revan items, and when comes times to choose Advanced Class, the symbols on the Classes was wrong (Marauder symbol on Juggernaut, and Juggernaut on Marauder), and I choosed Juggernaut (I wanted Marauder). Yeah, it's only lvl 10, 2 hours of play, but Revan items are bound (robe is not so much expensive, but I bought Mask for 5 milions credits). So, what do you think?

PS: Sry if my english sucks, im poland (yeah, yeah, I'm not really proud of it).

In WoW you have 3 talents trees, and they're like Advanced Classes, if you choosed 1, you can't spend talent points in other (MoP talents sucks)

In TOR, you have 3 talent trees per advanced class. AC in TOR = class in WoW.

It's an MMO guys, not RPG.

It is an MMORPG.

And no changing your advanced class. No. Advanced Class = WoW class.

you can't change from a Paladin to a Mage, you can't change from a tank to a healer here either.

Edited by jgoldsack

No, no, no, no, Blizz changed everything in that new expansion. Now you can have ONLY 1 talent tree in WoW, not 3, at lvl 10 you're choosing a talent tree, and you CAN'T spend points in other (you can if you reseted your SPECIALIZATION not talents, or if you bought Dual Spec).

But it isn't discussion 'bout WoW, we're talking 'bout SWTOR.

No, no, no, no, Blizz changed everything in that new expansion. Now you can have ONLY 1 talent tree in WoW, not 3, at lvl 10 you're choosing a talent tree, and you CAN'T spend points in other (you can if you reseted your SPECIALIZATION not talents, or if you bought Dual Spec).

But it isn't discussion 'bout WoW, we're talking 'bout SWTOR.

You're missing the point. When you choose a class in WoW, you have access to those three skill trees. Just because you can't hybrid them doesn't change that. A hunter has different trees than rogue. Like a sorc has different trees than an assassin. In both games, you respec to reset your skill points and reallocate them. AC in TOR = class in WoW. Blizzard's inability to balance hybrid specs doesn't change that.

I like it how it is. Variety is important.

In WoW you can change your class for like 30 USD or something like that (at least that is what Google told me). I have no idea how it works or what they do with your equipment or skills.

Changing Advanced class is not possible, as others have said, it would be like like changing from Rogue to Mage. You are specifically warned at least 2 times before selecting the Advanced Class if it really, really is what you want.

It is possible to change from Rogue to Mage -.-

The GameMaster is contacting with you then, you must create new character with that new class u wan't, and then he's giving u same lvl u had, and items for that class (if you have items from BG he's just giving you set for that class)

Or if you really don't wan't changing, dual spec? :D

Edited by MisterTenchu

In WoW you can change your class for like 30 USD or something like that (at least that is what Google told me). I have no idea how it works or what they do with your equipment or skills.

Changing Advanced class is not possible, as others have said, it would be like like changing from Rogue to Mage. You are specifically warned at least 2 times before selecting the Advanced Class if it really, really is what you want.

this is incorrect. You can change race or faction in wow, but not class. You can accelerate leveling new class buying heirloom item, the way you can in swtor purchasing legacy XP boost.

The difference is that in wow, some class, not all, can fill more than 2 roles, up to 4, while in swtor, all class can fill at most 2 role. It make no difference that you choose your class at level 10, rather than level 1 when you create your character, a class is a class.

Or you need to completely redesign the game. Skyrim for instance does not have clear cut class. But in skyrim, at least on console, you cannot re assign perks once you chose it.

• 4 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.