The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Gyroscopic Alignments Jets (PvE)

Raekor

Some guildies were having a discussion last night on the usefulness of Gyroscopic Alignments Jets in op's. It got me thinking, what op's bosses stun, immobilise, knock down or otherwise incapacitate you? I can't think of one in EC. For TFB, does Ciphas's force choke count? The Regulators do stun, so useful there, and Kephess if you get targeted with leap.

Did I miss any from those two op's? I probably won't change as it is still useful for doing solo things like dailies (as nearly every damn mob has a stun), but if somebody didn't want it would you go with 2% melee/ranged defense, or 2% endurance?

In PVE you might as well flip a few coins, all three of those are very meh.

More HP means marginally more healing on your self heal as well

2% def means you're up from 5% chance to dodge ranged/melee to 7%

Regen on anything stopping you moving... well it does happen, usually by pulling aggro or attacking the wrong thing since it's usually the tank who gets that crap.

Some guildies were having a discussion last night on the usefulness of Gyroscopic Alignments Jets in op's. It got me thinking, what op's bosses stun, immobilise, knock down or otherwise incapacitate you? I can't think of one in EC. For TFB, does Ciphas's force choke count? The Regulators do stun, so useful there, and Kephess if you get targeted with leap.

Did I miss any from those two op's? I probably won't change as it is still useful for doing solo things like dailies (as nearly every damn mob has a stun), but if somebody didn't want it would you go with 2% melee/ranged defense, or 2% endurance?

If I had to choose between Cardio and Infrared, I'd go with Infrared.

At 20k HP, Cardio only gives you a 400 HP bonus. You'd be better off with a passive mitigation buff. I mean, 400-600 HP is like what - a third of one hit from a trash mob in an ops...on HM? And you only get that 400-600 HP once. Where-as the 2% Ranged/Melee bonus, you get that your entire HP pool.