+++++ 2v2 Tournament Sign-up Sheet +++++

Morde_

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think if they have anything into the second tier of skill points or higher, they should be considered a healer.

Scold so your definition of a tank will be using a guard. If they have tank stance, or some tank gear, as a hybrid spec, they are not considered a tank?

I just think as long as you place definitive and consistent standards for your tournament that everyone is aware of.

I personally think if they have anything into the second tier of skill points or higher, they should be considered a healer.

Scold so your definition of a tank will be using a guard. If they have tank stance, or some tank gear, as a hybrid spec, they are not considered a tank?

I just think as long as you place definitive and consistent standards for your tournament that everyone is aware of.

May as well ask - shall we consider 23/1/17 Assassin in DPS gear not using guard as tank?

I really don't think "using guard" should be a requisite for being considered a tank because what if a dps wants to swap stance and guard their partner because they're about to die? It would eliminate a lot of stuff people could do.

Edited by Smashbrother

The reason we shouldn't have both a tank and healer is because it would make the duel last forever, mostly because if the healer is guarded, then they will probably never die, and if the dps is always switching to tank stance to protect their healer, the opposing team's healer will never die. Most teams only have 1 dps, it's going to be hard enough killing the other teams healer due to their parrtner peeling (slows/CC) for them if they get low. Guarding them along with that makes it impossible for anyone to die.

healer definitions - anything in the healer tree? or how much?

i specifically am looking at bubble stun "dps" sages. fair amount into the healing tree. i would think these are consdered healers right?

Bubble stun dps has no points into the healing tree. so I have no idea what you're talking about.. if any points its 2 for crit chance..

Bubble stun dps has no points into the healing tree. so I have no idea what you're talking about.. if any points its 2 for crit chance..

Yeah isn't bubble stun dps almost half balance/madness and half TK/lightning? Shoulda had a V8 sifu.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

The reason we shouldn't have both a tank and healer is because it would make the duel last forever, mostly because if the healer is guarded, then they will probably never die, and if the dps is always switching to tank stance to protect their healer, the opposing team's healer will never die. Most teams only have 1 dps, it's going to be hard enough killing the other teams healer due to their parrtner peeling (slows/CC) for them if they get low. Guarding them along with that makes it impossible for anyone to die.

I agree tank/healer will never dies, but I think what determines a tank/healer should be how many points u have in their tree (like 10+ or 20+ points).

Edited by Smashbrother

I agree tank/healer will never dies, but I think what determines a tank/healer should be how many points u have in their tree (like 10+ or 20+ points).

Tank trees don't really add tons of actual tankiness- it's the ability to redirect dmg through guarding that makes it too hard for people to die. If this was 3v3 I'd say anything goes, but 2v2 is such a weird situation.

Alright I thought about it and talked to a bunch of people and here is the concrete rule:

A tank is defined as having more than 10 points in the tank tree OR using guard. So smashtanking counts as tanking. I'll repeat, if you use guard, you are considered a tank. Taunts are allowed.

A healer is defined as having more than 10 points in the heal tree. Offhealing by a dps is allowed. Casting a 3 second heal for 2500 as a concealment operative is not nearly as big a deal as having a rage jugg switch to defensive stance and start guarding.

Teams may only have a maximum of 1 tank or healer. Viable makeups: dps/dps, dps/healer, dps/tank

I'm sorry if this screws up any conc-healment ops, wakajinn sins, tankassins, trucker spec pts, try-brids, smashtankers, whatever. These rules have to be concrete and they're necessary to try and keep the tournament running smooth and fair. If these rules make you want to change your team composition, just let me know and I can change it.

As Kakarrot said, when 3v3 comes around, it'll be anything goes.

Edited by Morde_

Alright I thought about it and talked to a bunch of people and here is the concrete rule:

A tank is defined as having more than 10 points in the tank tree OR using guard. So smashtanking counts as tanking. I'll repeat, if you use guard, you are considered a tank. Taunts are allowed.

A healer is defined as having more than 10 points in the heal tree. Offhealing by a dps is allowed. Casting a 3 second heal for 2500 as a concealment operative is not nearly as big a deal as having a rage jugg switch to defensive stance and start guarding.

Teams may only have a maximum of 1 tank or healer. Viable makeups: dps/dps, dps/healer, dps/tank

I'm sorry if this screws up any conc-healment ops, wakajinn sins, tankassins, trucker spec pts, try-brids, smashtankers, whatever. These rules have to be concrete and they're necessary to try and keep the tournament running smooth and fair. If these rules make you want to change your team composition, just let me know and I can change it.

As Kakarrot said, when 3v3 comes around, it'll be anything goes.

I think not being able to stance dance and use guard is going to make the double stealth dps gib teams super advantageous. But hey it's your tourney.

I understand your concerns but there's no perfect formula in a game that isn't balanced around 2s.

I think that this will be the *most* balanced. There's more tools to avoid an insta-gib than there are to kill a healer with a hybrid guard.

I understand your concerns but there's no perfect formula in a game that isn't balanced around 2s.

I think that this will be the *most* balanced. There's more tools to avoid an insta-gib than there are to kill a healer with a hybrid guard.

Iono man, I see something like a wakabodies team just ****** every other team. Outside of a tank guardian, I don't see what class would survive that type of burst. But I guess only time will tell.

Edited by Smashbrother