Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Black Hole Gear

Nieky

As an Infil shadow, are we after the Strikers MK-1 set?

Yes, DPS shadows will use the striker set as base.

On the other hand, to really make it effective, you will need to tweak it a bit, even using mods and enhanc. from diff sets, different pieces or even getting some crafted mods/armorings (and augments).

Its a work in progress really, you start with the striker set, and keep switching until you get the combo you really like.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

The "Striker" sets are the shadow dps sets, yes.

Had saying that, the good thing about the consular is that you have 3 sets to choose from. If you are upgrading to BH gear, then you won't be using the shells if you are trying to keep your set bonuses (which you should be). So keeping that in mind you can pick what ever pieces end up giving you the best stat bonuses, pull the mods out and put them in the shell that you are currently using.

My opinion is the shadow black hole gear is poorly itemized. The tank set looses loads of endurance for willpower and the DPS set stacks alot of endurance. I use this rakata mod Advanced mettle mod 25A is a better fit for a few pieces. This mod is in alot of rakata pieces- so its easy to find. Edited by toyfanatic

My opinion is the shadow black hole gear is poorly itemized. The tank set looses loads of endurance for willpower and the DPS set stacks alot of endurance. I use this rakata mod Advanced mettle mod 25A is a better fit for a few pieces. This mod is in alot of rakata pieces- so its easy to find.

From what I remember of looking at the BH stuff it was PERFECT for a tank. No accuracy on it at all, every armoring was high end, low wp.

From what I remember of looking at the BH stuff it was PERFECT for a tank.

The boots have accuracy, as do the legs and shield. It's a far sight better than Rakata, where there's accuracy on everything except for the implant and the shield, but they're not really all "PERFECT" for a tank. The thing that surprised me the most is that the Black Hole Duelist stuff you get from commendations has only a single B variant mod and the bracers/belt emphasize mitigation over Endurance or Willpower, like the previous ones did.

The boots have accuracy, as do the legs and shield. It's a far sight better than Rakata, where there's accuracy on everything except for the implant and the shield, but they're not really all "PERFECT" for a tank. The thing that surprised me the most is that the Black Hole Duelist stuff you get from commendations has only a single B variant mod and the bracers/belt emphasize mitigation over Endurance or Willpower, like the previous ones did.

I'll admit I only looked at a few main set pieces, I'm just grabbing armorings(Campaign) and getting 63s crafted. Could get the 63 armorings as well and use Rakata shells but... Oh god no...

Edited by ckoneful

I found that the Striker gear spiked my crit and surge a bit too high, so I ended up trading out some of the Mettle mods for Aptitude mods. That dropped the crit/surge and pushed the power, boosting my damage.

I've geared my Nadia in full Striker's set and she's been wreaking havoc ever since. She just rips through mobs in daily areas.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.