Which BH class is well... more of a BH class?

Cortue

I really like the BH and I have read a bunch of threads relating to DPS, tank, and healing. when whe it comes to that I dont care too much because Im going fps. Im wondering what class is more like the sterotypical bounty hunter in the SW universe? :csw_blaster:

Hmm. Let's see from the movies, Bobba was taken out easily, so from what a lot of people say that would be a Merc. Jenga, IF I am remembering correctly, seemed to have a lot of instant cast abilities, so a PT. Especially how he sort of kited Obi Wan.

Not giving anything away from the BH story, they both seem to suit it pretty well to me, unlike some of the class stories which don't really make sense with one of the advanced classes *cough*consular*cough*. If they both suit the story, then it just comes down to which one sounds better to yourself.

Damn that was going to decide which one to go with:csw_fett: well I have a Juggernaut whos melee I want a break from melee without being restricted to being fully range. Edited by Cortue

Pyro tree Merc is apparently viable (I have always been Arsenal), so you have range and mobility. You can play a PT at range, but you will be gimping yourself. Attack at range, close in for the kill with a Rocket Punch still makes me smile on my PT though. There is something satisfying about that, like killing somebody with Shiv on my Sniper.

Pyro PT is definitely not less mobile than Arsenal Merc. As I said, haven't played Pyro Merc to be able to say anything about that.

The game isn't that hard so you can just stand there in melee and do your rotation if you want to on a PT, but if you want to solo some heroics you have no CC, so constant moving and kiting (Pyro spec has a slow on your 10m range main attack) is the way to go.

You sort of get a better idea of how the PT will play during the first 10 levels of not having an advanced class, as you get Rocket Punch early which is the one melee ability that is used. The only thing you are missing is that 10m ranged attack. So might be a good idea to roll one to 10 to see how you like starting at range and finishing off at melee, then deciding.

I have a character right now I liked how it was before level 10. Not sure how it will play out with the merc though. How your saying it, it seems you played as both. If you have which was more fun? I also would plan to play as either arsenal or the PT equivalent, not quite sure what its called. Edited by Cortue

The Arsenal Merc is my main, and will probably always be. My Pyro PT I tend to have more fun with as I can push out better numbers without thinking too much (in worse gear), and I don't have to keep interrupting channels (which annoys the hell out of me). I haven't played as Advanced Prototype for the PT, Pyro is better for DPS (some say marginally). This is all end game though.

I'd probably say PT for leveling, simply because the channeling of an Arsenal build does get annoying.

I have a fully war hero geared Powertech. They are very mobile, almost all of their abilities are instant cast, they do some of the highest burst in the game going up the pyrotech tree, they are the best aoe tanks, but dont have very good defensive cooldowns.

They sorta make up for this with nice passive stats and high on the move damage. In pve you can kite melee bosses, and in pvp you will top damage charts if played well.

With that said they are very simple to play. Tanking is easier on a powertech because they can attack from range and have a few nice aoe attacks, and their damage rotation is also very simple. You spam flame burst, throw grenades, use your basic attack, rocket punch, and use railshot. Which is your main big hitter. Going as high as 6k plus on mobs, and 5k plus on other players if geared. Railshot gets reset alot and flame burst which does like 2k plus is spamable. Combine that with thermal grenade and dart, and you've done **** loads of damage on your target, followed by another reset on railshot, equals huge damage in just a few seconds.

This is countered though with your ability to manage heat, and other player defensive cooldowns. But that only gives them a few extra seconds before they are dead. :p

Hmm. Let's see from the movies, Bobba was taken out easily, so from what a lot of people say that would be a Merc. Jenga, IF I am remembering correctly, seemed to have a lot of instant cast abilities, so a PT. Especially how he sort of kited Obi Wan.

Not giving anything away from the BH story, they both seem to suit it pretty well to me, unlike some of the class stories which don't really make sense with one of the advanced classes *cough*consular*cough*. If they both suit the story, then it just comes down to which one sounds better to yourself.

Bobba and Jenga? Really?