HK-47, The tv show Lexx deserves credit for some of his best dialogue.

Beans_of_steel

Watched some old episodes of season 2 last night. The severed robot head character 790 in the Canadian/German Sci-fi/comedy series Lexx uses very similar dialogue to HK, even calls a human a meatbag, looked it up, that season came 3 years before kotor did, but Kotor doesnt seem to give any credit at all to the show. Just thot that was strange.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CallAHumanAMeatbag

Its actually a pretty common trope. Homicidal robots as a whole tend to use similar dialogue. Bender from Futurama also refers to humans as meatbags for comedic effect. So I don't really see it as strange.

If you mean that Star wars wasnt the 1st to copy it your right. Still have yet to see something from pre 1997. Your link just contained 2 titles that were made after 2000. Am pretty sure Donovan was 1st to use it.

Edit: and its not just meatbag either. Watch Lexx sometime, his attitude and smart ***** remarks, are very similar in general to HK (Bender too) and though he's a disembodied robot head and not an assassin droid, every time he has a body he tries to murder and or enslave people, and despite the fact he's kinda with the protagionists, lol great show n made in 1997 before all of those, I guess i dont really care he doesnt get credit, it just bugs me that i didnt know it until recently, Paul Donovan made the cool character first.

Edited by Beans_of_steel

If you mean that Star wars wasnt the 1st to copy it your right. Still have yet to see something from pre 1997. Your link just contained 2 titles that were made after 2000. Am pretty sure Donovan was 1st to use it.

Edit: and its not just meatbag either. Watch Lexx sometime, his attitude and smart ***** remarks, are very similar in general to HK (Bender too) and though he's a disembodied robot head and not an assassin droid, every time he has a body he tries to murder and or enslave people, and despite the fact he's kinda with the protagionists, lol great show n made in 1997 before all of those, I guess i dont really care he doesnt get credit, it just bugs me that i didnt know it until recently, Paul Donovan made the cool character first.

I don't think there intentional ripoffs of 790, but i'm a huge Lexx fan, and know it came before Futuarama, and the 1st KOTOR . You can't deny all 3 of those characters have pretty similar personalities, maybe it's just coincidence, or maybe they saw Lexx and came up with there own versions of the same character, either way all 3 of them are dam hilarious.

Edited by Brunnis_G