The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Post release changes to gear

Coldbayne

Based upon the recent furour over gear changes (minor and not so minor) to several sets of gear, is it now expected by the developers that players should as standard practice prior to purchasing items from GTN and Cartel Market to check known issues list for any pending tweaks announced maybe months ago before using many credits or cartel coins and hence potentially real money before purchasing?

Since buying things based upon preview panel from GTN seems like a sensible thing for players to do being that many are purchasing cosmetic gear, that should be all the checkign required. But to then have things changed afterwards seems wrong... Having said that, I can see that developers in this case are damned if they do, and damned if they don't. So maybe withdraw of items from sale or faster adjustments should be considered?

Edited by Coldbayne

People should probably also be a bit more careful with what they buy as well, people who spend lots and lots of real life currency on cartel market items can actually find themselves in the situation where they find out they've made a bad longterm investment, something that looks better might be released the next patch, it might become very cheap on the GTN, Bioware might have to pull it because people find it offensive

There's a reason I never buy Cartel Market items before a good while has passed, and even then I make sure it's something I know I will get use out of like Revan's armor, not something that will take up space in my storage