The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why did we change the way the Character Selection screen sorts?

Blackavaar

I agree with the OP as well, although for slightly different reasons. If I only have twenty minutes or so to play I'll cycle through all of my toons to get their companions out on crafting missions. The old sorting method made it fairly easy to ensure I hit each toon. This new method... not so much.

Solution? Give us a few options. Let the user decide what kind of sort order they would like. Personally I'd set mine up alphabetical, period. I'm enough of an altoholic that I'm on just about every toon weekly, so it would be nice to know that Character X is always four slots down on the second page.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the matter with last played and then alphabetical?

I specifically named my characters so that they lined up the way I wanted with the sorting you had previously.

Now it just sorts by last played and pushes the last prior down.

This means that to organize the way it previously was I have to log in to each character in reverse alphabetical order to get my characters organized the way I am used to.

What the hell?

If you're going to change the sorting at least give us options. Just changing it like this screws it up for anyone who had it organized by the previous method.

I know I'm a little bit obsessive compulsive, but we all are to some extent. Game devs should know that because many of them are the same way.

Put it back the way it was or give us sorting options, please.

:cool:

This is not WoW. The ability to sort your own characters ruins the community.