Max party level difference?

steppen

Stupid question, and one that I am sure I could figure out by trial and error, but...

Does anyone know if there is a limit on how far apart, in levels, party members can be before one or both have XP gains affected?

Bumping for good question.

I being 18 ( mobs were grey) ran some guildies through Esseles. They only got exp from main bosses and optional champions. There level did not matter once it was all grey to me.

I also found that normal mobs I killed never had loot, but ones they took on there own ( IE did majority of dmg ) did have loot.

I being 18 ( mobs were grey) ran some guildies through Esseles. They only got exp from main bosses and optional champions. There level did not matter once it was all grey to me.

I also found that normal mobs I killed never had loot, but ones they took on there own ( IE did majority of dmg ) did have loot.

And what level were your guildmates?

So, if someone 5 or more levels higher than the rest of a group operated solely as a healer, would the rest of the party still get XP for normal kills as well as mini-boss and boss character kills?

For non instance quests (some of the heroics) there is a simple way to do this, have them follow you but not in party, they can still heal you. I did this last night with a heroic 2+ ran through it getting all the xp of soloing it with a lo lvl char while my friend just followed along healing me.

I dont think there's any limits to levels in groups.

Solutions to prevent too much power levelling that has been used in other games is more like giving really little xp for you if overpowered characters kills/help kills players. However, people that are really into power levelling trying to be first max level on server or the kind, often find loopholes such as the healing trick mentioned.

• 3 months later...
I've run a few lowbies (<level 13) through the Esseles as a 50, and none have complained that it had any effect on the experience they earned for kills. I don't remember what the purple numbers were the first time I ran through, but as a 50 mine are all grey zeros for the Esselles. I don't know if it had an effect on any experience they earned from completing the mission. Edited by Cleet_Xia

Stupid question, and one that I am sure I could figure out by trial and error, but...

Does anyone know if there is a limit on how far apart, in levels, party members can be before one or both have XP gains affected?

More than 5 levels. So, for example a Level 25 and a Level 21 would be golden together.

A Level 25 and a Level 19, meanwhile, would bork the XP of mobs killed for the Level 19.

But you'd still get the overall XP for finishing the quests you're doing.