PvP Vengeance combo move advice

Moonheart_S

I led some tests yesterday now I reached 50, on a practice dummy and how to say it politely?

Shatter just plain sucks, in fact.

Not only it cost a lot of rage, but the damage is ridiculous for a high-end skill compared to any other high-end dps skill I know. Impale itself do 20%-25% more damage, without having any pre-requiste to be used (no need for a sundering assault) and do it's full damage in 6s instead of 12s. Without even the bleed bonus, Impale do in fact more damage than Shatter with its full dot effect....

The savagery bonus works also with impale and last as long as its timer. So you can have 100% of uptime on the crit chance bonus without ever using Shatter, so the only reason I can see to use Shatter is to dig for an additionnal Ravage but after calculation it would only, in average, bring you one additionnal Ravage every 45s.

Impale also do almost the same damage than the last tick of the Ravage, plus giving the crit bonus, so you can do 1 GCD of Ravage then using impale with no loss in dps compared to the full Ravage move.

That's why I'm now thinking about this chain of moves instead of the previous one:

- Saber Throw (optional)

- Charge+Enrage

- Impale

- Force Scream (crit)

- Force Choke

- Force Push

- Charge

- Ravage (interrupted before the full chaneling)

- Impale

- Force Scream (crit)

- Vicious Throw (crit)

Any thoughts on this one?

Edited by Moonheart_S

Don't bother, go Rage.

Pretty much this. I used to be vigilance spec guardian, but since I started finished leveling like in September of last year my jugg went rage. It make sense to be smash spec exceptional burst that is instant. A vigilance spec takes time to do good damage as you add your dots, but rage does it instantly. Plus, there are lot more melee compared to like the first six months of swtor. Thus, your smash will hit as hard as your primary target to any one within your smash aoe. This alone makes it superior to vengeance. Factoring other smashers on your team and you do heavy aoe damage to all opponents that get hit by your smash. As a vigilanceyou will barely do any damage before you get dropped by multiple of smashers.

What usually happens it becomes a smash fest going back and forth. If you can't beat with a vigilance spec you respect to a rage spec and give them some of their own medicine.

Vigilancewas good prior to BW nerfing them, but it's just not good in pvp with all smasher. Now if BW were to nerf the aoe of smash and make so that you only crit on your current target and buffed vigilance to be on par of what it used to be, then vigilance would acceptable. However, smash spec being the way it is at moment going vigilance is sub par. If I remember right vigilance used produce more focus, but got nerf as well changes to the tree. Those changes to the tree favored rage spec for pvp. Ironically the changes made rage viable in pve, but made vigilance obsolete in pvp.

Edited by Knockerz

Honestly, Veng is usable. Not ultimate, but usable. I don't feel that much weak compared at when I use my toon in rage spec.

But lately, I don't have much fun with my Ravager.

The class, when not tank-specced our hybridized is far too much reliant on healers, and healers are rare actualy around me. I'll perhaps play it again if I find a team that seek one, but not anymore outside of this.

Thanks anyway for all your answers.