The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Assault PvP - Combat Tech or Eliminator Set?

Fearyn

We get two benefits from combat tech 4-pieces - neural surge and stockstrike.

We get one benefit from eliminato 4-pieces - high impact bolt.

Most Vanguards will go for combat tech set but has anyone considered running in Eliminator set?

Assault Vanguards should, and most do, wear the Eliminator set. +15% crit on the keystone ability is amazing.

The Combat Tech set is a good choice if you aren't 100% married to assault and swap specs occasionally, since it is fairly good in all three specs. But War Hero gear is so cheap now that it's easy to have 4 pieces of both Combat Tech and Eliminator and swap them when / if you swap specs.

Edited by NurseDonut

We get two benefits from combat tech 4-pieces - neural surge and stockstrike.

We get one benefit from eliminato 4-pieces - high impact bolt.

Most Vanguards will go for combat tech set but has anyone considered running in Eliminator set?

If you want that 5k medal on a regular basis you need the "wrong" set. Else you cant trade that much crit for power.

If you want that 5k medal on a regular basis you need the "wrong" set. Else you cant trade that much crit for power.

Hello Graziell

Could you elaborate on this a bit. Which armour set you have an how you build it up mods, armour... Or which stats to aim for. A rotation would be nice as well.

I'm running with the tech set but because I started with the tactics spec, now that I am assault I'm thinking of keeping the chest,belt and bracers from tactics and going for the eliminator head,gloves,bracers and boots. To get my aim up

Is this a right way to go?

With the pieces I have now I barely get to 300k damage and that is with tech set and three pieces of elite war hero ( chest, bracers and gun) all augmented with overkill ( power over endurance)

Some help is always welcome