The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lightsaber Emitter Slot

ELECTRICJUDGMENT

Title says it all. I am suggesting the addition of an Emitter slot to all lightsabers to change blade properties and consistency for effects like those of the Tythonian, Ziost, Warmaster sabers, and more (e.g., fencing emitter for thin/long blade, phobium emitter for crude fiery blade, etc.). I think this would be awesome for character customization, as well as for crafters. Edited by ELECTRICJUDGMENT

Title says it all. I am suggesting the addition of an Emitter slot to all lightsabers to change the blade properties and consistency for effects like those of the Tythonian and Ziost sabers, and more (e.g., fencing emitter for thin/long blade, phobium emitter for crude fiery blade, etc.). Possibly with added stats that are appropriate for the emitter type. I think this would be awesome for character customization, as well as crafting.

I don't think they need to add slots to the sabers and certianly not stats.. What they could do to accomplish the same thing is to add the effect to the saber crystal.. Since the crystal does effect color, it would be a safe assumption to add blade effects to the color crystal..

Please understand.. I am just against something else being added that has stats.. Balance is bad enough in some areas, we don't need stats to be added to a lightsaber.. Blasters type weapons would also have to get an additional slot with the same stat.. It would just be easier and simpler to just add the effect to crystal.. Maybe we can imbue the crystal in some way.. Add the effect existing crystals..

Edited by MajikMyst

I don't think they need to add slots to the sabers and certianly not stats.. What they could do to accomplish the same thing is to add the effect to the saber crystal.. Since the crystal does effect color, it would be a safe assumption to add blade effects to the color crystal..

Please understand.. I am just against something else being added that has stats.. Balance is bad enough in some areas, we don't need stats to be added to a lightsaber.. Blasters type weapons would also have to get an additional slot with the same stat.. It would just be easier and simpler to just add the effect to crystal.. Maybe we can imbue the crystal in some way.. Add the effect existing crystals..

Replace the "Mod" slot with emitter. Enhancement, armoring, emitter, crystal.

Hey I'm not saying they need a stat, but that it's an option. Typically when a new slot is added a stat goes there in someform or aanother. Its certainly not a necessity however.

Replace the "Mod" slot with emitter. Enhancement, armoring, emitter, crystal.

If anything, I would say replace the augment slot with the emitter..

Still.. I think it would just be easier to add the effect to the crystal..

Additing it to an item with stats, seems to be more work.. Mods with effects or augments with effects.. How is that going to work?? Are there going to be augments/mods with the same stats, but different effects?? Crystals only have 1 of 3 stats.. Endurance, Crit, and power..

I like the idea because I played Force Unleashed and loved the saber effects.. This was actually suggested during the beta.. I just think the idea needs to be easy to implement for there to be a chance to getting it..

I like it but I don't think it should have anything to do with stats. Enough of a mess without another slot.

What the emmitter should imo do is determine the sound of the weapon. Atm it is quite weird as if you turn your blade on and off again the sound when turning on will change from one ignition to the next. They obviously have a sound library of humms and ignitions, just tie them to emitters and presto, a nice customization option.

Not expecting to ever see it tho and certainly not before some sort of dye system makes it into the game. Possibly if they ever go down the route of removing stats from crystals but I don't think that's happening any time soon now that they're selling them for cash.

Edited by aeterno

I like it but I don't think it should have anything to do with stats. Enough of a mess without another slot.

What the emmitter should imo do is determine the sound of the weapon. Atm it is quite weird as if you turn your blade on and off again the sound when turning on will change from one ignition to the next. They obviously have a sound library of humms and ignitions, just tie them to emitters and presto, a nice customization option.

Not expecting to ever see it tho and certainly net before some sort of dye system makes it into the game. Possibly if they ever go down the route of removing stats from crystals but I don't think that's happening any time soon now that they're selling them for cash.

Emitters alter both the consistency/shape of the blade, as well as sound.

And as I mentioned previously, the stat isn't a necessity.

Edited by ELECTRICJUDGMENT

Using an emitter slot for lightsaber effects would be great, but you could go one step further and suggest an item that works the same way for blasters. You could call it the collimator, which would be responsible for altering the audio and visual properties of a ranged weapon's firing effects.

The collimator, of course, is responsible for transforming blaster gas from a plasma state into the beam that is then fired out through the barrel.

Edited by Nichos_Ketra

/signed

but i rather have it to be a pure cosmetic emitter for further customizing ur character, with that said, it should not include any stats...

btw cool idea! don't see why nobody sugested it before..

Edited by YeIIow

I'd make that change, by taking stat properties from colour crystal and making them emitter stats. While colour crystals would only have cosmetic function.

nah, too much work for nothing, why not just adding a cosmetic emitter slot? ain't that simpler?, and at the end, archives the same witown having to change the entire cristal system of stats?

Edited by YeIIow

nah, too much work for nothing, why not just adding a cosmetic emitter slot? ain't that simpler?, and at the end, archives the same witown having to change the entire cristal system of stats?

I agree, I would rather see the addition of an Emitter (and Collimator for blasters) item that is purely cosmetic. Personally, I would rather that color crystals be set up this way as well, providing no stats except a cosmetic appearance. If they need to keep the stats, they can be shifted over to another item.