The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

another will this play swotor thread... halp? (macbook)

Fatalllll

have done quite a bit of looking up on the topic have seen conflicting reports, owners testimony would be best but anyone that can give imput would be great, gotta go to work so no more time to research tonight, but will probably be making purchase on way home.

MD212LL/A prefered (3rd gen i5, 8 gb ram, ssd, retina display)

or

MD102LL/A would buy (3rd gen i7, 8gb ram, hdd)

have an overpriced overweight asus gaming laptop that will play game just fine, want something lighter to watch movies etc on, probably going retina screen, just want to make sure that either of these will play swtor, very low is fine as long as i dont have any noticable lag or low frames, i do pvp primarily, but want to start getting into flashpoints heavy so just being able to suport those and leveling is fine, as i am back into the game recently, with only one 50, and currently have 4 more planned before i get into substantial end game content.

has an i5 8 gb of ram and a ssd, just worried about the intel 4000 graphics, im aware of all other issues with compatibility and support etc etc etc and they do not worry me, just want to make sure the unit can handle swtor, its not my primary deciding factor for the new unit but it could possibly sway the purchase one way or the other.

Edited by Fatalllll

Playing games on a mac? good luck, you will need bootcamp and a copy of windows

Also the intel hd 4000 is not made for games check the FPS chart, http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-4000.69168.0.html Integrated graphic card can rarely any games on the market at decent graphic level.

You say the Asus gaming "laptop" is overweight, but its not a laptop, its a notebook and actually its only 8 pound, the macbook is 11 pound, You checked the OLD one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230408

ASUS G75 Series G75VW-NS71 Notebook

Intel Core i7 3610QM(2.30GHz)

17.3" screen

12GB Memory DDR3 1600

500GB HDD 7200rpm

DVD±R/RW

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M

Edited by ElitehunterDS

As an MBP owner myself I haven't noticed any issues at all. I have a "late 2011" model. i7 2.4ghz, 8gb dd3, 1gb dd3 and 6770hd graphics card, 750 GB HD(350 for windows 400 for OSX). Yes you will need to install windows 7 or 8 as far as I know from OS X Lion and up they won't work with XP or down. Using Bootcamp to install windows isn't all that difficult I used a zip drive to load all the drivers for windows on. One thing I noticed people doing when I was re-searching how to use Bootcamp, watching videos on youtube and different places was that when they where choosing the partition for the windows side of the HD they where giving it a very low amount of storage. I run SWTOR on high with out any lag or frame rate issues. If both of MBP's have the Intel4000 integrated graphics card then I would choose the Retina display. But if one them has a second one as well as the integrated one, well then I would choose the comp with the better graphics card.